i30 Owners Club

Claiming warranty for both side Sun Visor

Offline trimmtrabb

• 2nd Gear

• my Malaysia
      Kuala Lumpur

• Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur
I've sent in warranty claim for both side of my sun visor as both of them snapped within 2 days :disapp:

In one hot sunny day, my wife was pulling down the passenger side sun visor and suddenly we heard  a "Pop" sound and the visor no longer staying up....so i sent in the broken one to service centre to have it claimed under warranty....i was informed that i need to wait for around a month for the part... :wacko:

Then in the evening when we were stopping at a traffic light, I proudly "demonstrate" the "correct" way to pull down the sun visor gently to my wife and in a sudden we heard another "POP".....damn, the driver's side broked........

The guys in the service centre were making fun of me when they saw me the next day carrying another broken sun visor.......

Now without both sun visors, leaving 2 holes on top....hmmm....hopefully i can get the replacement parts sooner...... :sweating:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That is a strange one.. Don't recall hearing of one, let alone two sunvisors breaking on an i30  :-\
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline trimmtrabb

• 2nd Gear

• my Malaysia
      Kuala Lumpur

• Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur
Maybe due to high heat temperature lately in Malaysia causing the lubricant to melt or the plastic harden.....the avg temperature for these few weeks is around 38 degrees, furthermore my car is black....sometimes touching the steering itself almost got my fingers burnt..... 

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes definitely a lot hotter than Tasmania  :confused:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Don't get the weather for me to use my visors except in winter to shield my eyes from the low sun on a cold winters morning
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal