i30 Owners Club

Hi from Jayem in Melbourne.

jayem · 15 · 4147

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi guys and gals,

I've been reading this forum for a little while now and find it very informative, and you guys seem to have a lot of fun.

I'm hoping to be receiving my new i30 CRDi SLX in moonlight blue (automatic) over the next week-week + 1/2.

I was originally aiming for the petrol version but at final minute I decided to test drive the diesel again (first time was two or three months ago) and I decided on the diesel for ease of drive/performance.  I was originally put off by the diesel because of fuel prices and diesel "clatter".  I ended up not caring about fuel prices :)

Jayem

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome to the forum jayem
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Jayem, welcome.

Great intro BTW
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline kinesiologykid

• 3rd Gear
Welcome Jayem,
Once you have had it a while you can let us know how economical the diesels are sitting in freeway car parks! Too much traffic, that's why I left!
Also not many hills in Melbourne for zooming up with all the torque you now have.

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi kine (i'll keep it short if you don't mind)

Thanks for the welcome.  "freeway carparks" :)  You're right though.  I'm not sure where you are from, but compared to NSW, Vic is quite flat all up.  But there are a couple of mountainous areas I could always escape to if I had the motivation...i.e.  Arthur's Seat, Dandenong Ranges etc

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi eye30 and Shambles.

Thanks for the welcome.  I do apologize but I replied to both your welcomes earlier but must have forgotten to hit the ''submit'' button.  My bad.

I look forward to sharing my i30 experience with you guys and others on the forum.

Offline kinesiologykid

• 3rd Gear
Quote from: "jayem"
Hi kine (i'll keep it short if you don't mind)

Thanks for the welcome.  "freeway carparks" :)  You're right though.  I'm not sure where you are from, but compared to NSW, Vic is quite flat all up.  But there are a couple of mountainous areas I could always escape to if I had the motivation...i.e.  Arthur's Seat, Dandenong Ranges etc

Launceston Tasmania,
BIG hill just to get out of town, and genarally very hilly in northern Tasmania.
And such quiet roads, I could not believe it when I first arrived.

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Quote from: "kinesiologykid"
Quote from: "jayem"
Launceston Tasmania,

Never been to Tassie myself.  Always thought of it as a boring old place (no offence intended).  But in the last couple of years I've had random people tell me that Tassie is a nice place to visit.  So that's changed my view of it a bit, and my lady wouldn't mind a trip to Tassie, so maybe in the near future we'll see ourselves in the i30 crossing the sea on the Spirit of Tasmania to experience the torque...i mean scenery :) that Tassie has to offer.  I think I overused the word "Tassie" a bit lol

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Jayem,

One of your friendly Moderators here... Welcome to the club... I like your style (and the colour of your up-coming ride)

I'm another Tassie member (There aren't many of us)  :cry:

Your Diesel auto should be just great in melbourne traffic...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hi dazz,

Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
... I like your style (and the colour of your up-coming ride)

Thanks for the welcome.  After reading a bit through the forum, I had a feeling you would comment positively on my choice of colour for the i30 lol

It was a tough choice between the steel grey and the moonlight blue but I think I made the right decision. :)

Other than the reasons mentioned in my original post, choosing the diesel auto over the petrol auto was initially another tough choice because of the discrepency in fuel usage between the diesel manual and auto as opposed to that of the manual and auto in the petrol (hope that makes some sense).

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Quote from: "dazzling_darryl"
Your Diesel auto should be just great in melbourne traffic...

.....oh yeah...the point of my little story about me choosing the diesel is in response to your post (as above)....I really do hope the diesel auto will be great in melbourne traffic, fuel and moving-thru-traffic wise.

Thanks for your words of encouragement *thumbs up*

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It's all good Jayem  :P  and by the way the diesel is very quiet from inside once she warms up... and I suspect the diesel auto will be ok fuel wise around the city...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline jayem

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Thank you Hemmi and bez10y.  Good to "be here" :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal