i30 Owners Club

Fergie's First Medical

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Well, just back from the servicing and have to say she's driving like a dream  :D  :D

Next up is waiting for the authorisation from HMCUK to swap out the alloys. Pics were taken and sent through the system today  
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Quote from: Shambles

So, what has she had done? Not that much to be honest, although a thorough check all round was performed and they did a perforation check too.

2151323001 GASKET - OIL PLUG (£0.58)
263202A001 ELEMENT - OIL FILER (£7.51)
SOLARIS PARTICULATE GRADEOIL 5.3L @ £6.80/L
Loan Car £FREE
Engine dusting £FREE
Labour £63.96

Tax £20.39

All in all, £136.95 ($352 AUD)[/size]

Price for plug and filter the same but your oil was 50% cheaper.

Was it 5w/30 speci C3?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: "eye30"
Price for plug and filter the same but your oil was 50% cheaper.

Was it 5w/30 speci C3?

Yes. It's ELF SOLARIS 5W-30
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
That's great Shambles, ELF always made good Synthetic Oil's!
I think it was about ten years back my friend was paying high $ for ELF oil same as they use in F1's, he got it from a race team, it solved a problem he was having with the ball at the end of push rods, i think they had to lift something like 400pound, and with other race oil's the ball would just wear away really fast. he started useing ELF FI oil and they never showed any sign of wear. but that would be a test of EP ( Extream Pressure) like gear box oil would normaly need to handle.
But these days i notice a lot of places here in Australia stock ELF oil in 200Lt drums, but the good ELF Synthetic Oil they keep in 5Lt containers and not as many as so pricy.
Is it made from snails or Frog's? :lol:

Well ( still have to come up with a name for my i30) my little i30 goes to hospital today to start getting her Butt put back in shape. she will probably be covered in panel beaters dust, poor thing. but she took it well and done us all proud!
just hope they don't take forever, it's not costing me anything directly so thats great.
cheers

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi John,

Firstly what happened to the back of your little bus (I must have missed something  :lol:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
hey Dazz, on the past long weekend, i was down south on the coast, heading to my friends, was raining, was following another car twisty coastal ( princess hwy) a roo or wallaby jumped out on front of the car infront of me, he braked hard, i just stopped intime, a young guy ran up my rear. police came, and insurance said no excess and no loss of no claim bonus, so all's sweet. my friends had nice colour matched silver tape and got the little i30's skirt up covering her butt :?:
cheers
Ogh the avitar, i just has some time so just looked at user control and did not take that long to work out

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry to hear that John...How bad? Did you take any pix? Was your car more or less damaged than the guy that hit you...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal