i30 Owners Club

First Service for My GD i30 CRDi

WayneD · 15 · 4805

Offline WayneD

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I just had my first service here in Oz. After only 4 months and 6 days I have done 14107KM  :Shocked: all personal driving, I drive a lot for fishing of a weekend. The fixed price was $289 + I was quoted $22 for wheel rotation and alignment so I went for it as I am driving 1400km (Brisbane to Ayr) in it on Friday and returning Anzac day. Went to pick it up and was only charged $302 so happy with that. Service was quick they had it ready 4 hours after I dropped it in even though I said I didn't need it all day.

They said nothing about the spotties I hastily wired up last night to check out even though I haven't even mounted the switch and have only used scotch clips to tap into the high beam and common ground.

[edit] and I got a free complimentary air freshener also.
  • 2012 i30 CRDi The Yakster Mobile

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
 :goodjob:
You do a bit of driving too.
I've had my GD diesel for four and a half months now and have done 18,500 kms.
Love driving it.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Well done Wayne, nice to hear a positive story  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen

Lets measure em on the table boys  :rofl: you don't drive a lot  :D, I do that every eight or nine weeks  :eek:, sorry had to have a dig  :whistler: wayne good post and yes I wish they had the fixed price servicing when I got our cars about 14 months ago, I now supply all my own consumables, after some of the stories I have heard and speaking to some Hy techs, I wonder about some of the products they use,but hey that's only me.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline WayneD

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

ooh it'll be close. I am about to put about 3000K's on it in the next week driving Brissy to Ayr and back on holidays.

I drove the work ute to pick it up and really noticed the difference between sitting up high in the ute to sitting in the i30. It was like jumping into a cockpit, hadn't really noticed that before. Me likey very much  :goodjob2:
  • 2012 i30 CRDi The Yakster Mobile

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Lets measure em on the table boys  :rofl: you don't drive a lot  :D, I do that every eight or nine weeks  :eek:,

Yeah, but you have to use two cars to do it.  :snigger:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen

Lets measure em on the table boys  :rofl: you don't drive a lot  :D, I do that every eight or nine weeks  :eek:,

Yeah, but you have to use two cars to do it.  :snigger:

Yeah I don't want to wear one out to quick  :scared: Doubt whether there'll be much trade in value when I am finished with Bruce and Cyril  :whistler: have worked it out by the time our warranty has run out on em both they'll have both done 300,000 K's each, be time to get a new one then (maybe)
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline lofty

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Gold Coast
Congrats on the newish car!  :)

I've done just over 30,000km (bought August last year)

I've had Ultra Tune do my servicing thus far. (Goldcoast, queensland)

15,000km service: $247 (inc gst). Labour was charged for 1.3 hrs work. Ultra tune supplied all the parts.(Oil filter $20. Castrol Oil 5 litres $95)

30,0000km service:  $253 (inc gst). Labour was charged for 2.2hrs work. (I supplied Oil... [trying out Penrite HPR diesel 5-40}, plus all the filters). Ultra tune mentioned that the service required replacing of brake and clutch fluid $20ea)

I'm going to get my 45,000km service done at Hyundai (so I can get the free map updates... last chance) and also be able to do a comparrison on the price.

Cheers,

Lofty   :)
  • 2012 i30 Diesel 6speed manual hatch

Offline brizice2

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Next week I will take my car for 1500 km service. I have bought head light protectors, but there is 5 pages of instructions. And do not look very easy to put on, not how they used to be. Do you think I could ask them to do this for me, and would they charge.
  • 2013 i30 CRDi Active manual

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
they will fit your light protectors for you,I have the FD these were very simple to fit

Offline MW79

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I had the 1500kms service done about 2 weeks ago and had a discussion about the latest map being from 2011. They agreed to do the map update for free when it comes out, which others have posted here should be in late April/May.
  • i30 Premium CRDi

Offline brizice2

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Had the 1500 km service done today, all is good. They also put on the headlight protectors. Now 7500 km or October for the next one.
  • 2013 i30 CRDi Active manual

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Snookes

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Wow ! 14,000km in 4 months and 18,500km in four and a half months ! It takes me 3 years to do that many kilometres.
  • 2012 i30 GD Elite 5 door hatch petrol 1.8l ltr auto white

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
14,000km in 4 months and 18,500km in four and a half months ! It takes me 3 years to do that many kilometres.

I used to have a car like that, once :whistler:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal