i30 Owners Club

Window Washer failed

Offline fatboy_daveb

• 1st Gear
Does anybody know how long Hyundai UK typically takes to supply a new washer pump to a dealer? I've been waiting 3 weeks now and I have had to cancel long trips to see my daughter. And that is causing me no end of grief. When I spoke to my dealer this morning they just said that Hyundai UK had not responded to their emails and that I should call them to complain. As I said to the dealer, 'What are they waiting for? Me to die in a car crash with a windcreen covered in dirt before they supply the part.....or maybe issue a global recall if it happens to another guy(s)? I've even thought of hiring an i30 just to steal the pump but it sounds like a real pain to get to.

What is the point of a 5 year warranty if it takes an age, possibly 5 years, to get anything fixed under it?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Does anybody know how long Hyundai UK typically takes to supply a new washer pump to a dealer?

Using the Mobis parts despatcher, around 7 days (usually less) so I was told.

What is the point of a 5 year warranty if it takes an age, possibly 5 years, to get anything fixed under it?

Calm down Dave :eek: I've had my problems and not been too happy about having to go back twice to have the same problems fixed (rear washer plus steering rattle). But, at the end of the day, my problems have been fixed, at no cost to me (other than the inconvenience)

And welcome to the club  :cool:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
welcome dave.  :razz: and yes thats true steve,its fixed,and for free.  :mrgreen:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
It is poor though. On my Vauxhall (spit) it might have been a crap car but they could get most parts within 2 days, usually next day.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
and considering the UK is closer to KOREA than OZ is, i can get parts faster than you guys,it doesn't make any sense.  :rolleyes:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
Always used an old Fairy Washing up liquid container with my Ford Zephyr Zodiac!

Never had electric windows & never froze, or failed!

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
When I spoke to my dealer this morning they just said that Hyundai UK had not responded to their emails and that I should call them to complain. As I said to the dealer, 'What are they waiting for?

You will find on the site the contact details of the head honcho for Hy UK - Tony Whitehorn. 
email him and you'll get 1st class service.

I'd explain that the dealer doesn't appear to have chased up nor kept you informed as to what the situation is.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline fatboy_daveb

• 1st Gear
Sounds like a plan. Can you PM me his email address? I can't find it on the site.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Sounds like a plan. Can you PM me his email address? I can't find it on the site.

I don't think that's the right thing to do as your first "official" complaint. I wrote to (not emailed) Mr Whitehorn as a last resort, but, although it had the desired (and instant) effect, I used the HMCUK Customer Service Charter first. That involves writing to/emailing their Customer Service dept with your grievance.

No doubt you can obtain dates (or even reference numbers) from the dealership who have tried to contact Hyundai Motor Company UK on your behalf. If you can obtain this information it would help... certainly you need to refer to an attempt to contact HMCUK by your dealer.

Email address is in a PM for you, and I suggest you give it a few more days before you use it, because after all, you say you've been waiting 3 weeks but that's not exactly "forever", albeit longer than I'd personally like to wait.

Good luck mate :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

done
2 email adresses sent - Customer services and the man him self.
but see Shambles email and wait a few days

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
He was operations director at Toyota for 16 years until 2005.

Lucky escape  :mrgreen:

Offline fatboy_daveb

• 1st Gear
Well, I phoned up my dealership yesterday and they said that Hyundai had finally got back to them (no intervention by me)....and the part was on back order with the earliest delivery date of March 21st  :'(. I reported the problem to my dealership at the end of last month. I've had enough and will be contacting Hyundai myself.

If I don't get any joy then I will try and source a part from a breakers (might get lucky). Failing that, the car will be sold. No point owning a car whose parts are rarer than boobs on a bull.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

No point owning a car whose parts are rarer than boobs on a bull.

But at least the Bull has 2 horns  :lol: :lol:

Offline fatboy_daveb

• 1st Gear
Oh very good eye30..... quick somebody call the comedy police  :P

Anyway, a quick update. I sent of a few days ago to Customer Services (or it might have been earlier in the week due to ISP problems), and today I got a call from Customer Services today at 4pm. I was very happy about getting the call and the news is:

1. They apologised for the delay
2. They are going to chase the part to see if I can get it earlier (I do hope so)
3. They are going to reimburse the cost of the hire car I had to get last weekend, to travel from Glasgow to Manchester, to see my two year-old daughter (the reason was I was getting annoyed in the first place). The cost wasn't a lot and was well worth it to me. Basically they see it as the car being off the road and they have to compensate you.

I have to admit that the last point was a pleasant surprise. Although, I should mention that when I turned up at the Enterprise office at Glasgow Airport I was a bit gobsmacked as the car was a 59-plate i30 1.4 Comfort. How bloody ironic was that? I had asked for a Vectra, having never driven one. Still at least its windscreen washers worked.

One point that the Customer Services lady mentioned was that the dealership has only placed the order for the part on Februrary 10th! I hope I didn't mis-hear her but that's weird as I took the car to them and reported the fault nearly 4 weeks ago. It's sounding to me like my dealership have not been bothering. Very poor as I have bought two i30s from them in the last two and a quarter years. No more me thinks.

Still, the strange lack of readily available parts is worrying.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

when I turned up at the Enterprise office at Glasgow Airport I was a bit gobsmacked as the car was a 59-plate i30 1.4 Comfort.

:evil:  :twisted: Me thinks you should have swapped the part before you returned the hire car  :twisted: :evil:

Offline fatboy_daveb

• 1st Gear
Hi guys

Got a call this morning (Wednesday) from the dealer and they have the part. The dealer even thanked me for my 'help'. Anyway, the car goes in tomorrow for fitting. That's a lot better than the March 21st date I was given previously.

Many thanks to eye30 and Shambles for their advice. Oh, and of course, to Tony Whitehorn who chose not to ignore my email but to act on it. Faith restored.

Cheers
Dave

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Great stuff Dave. Here's to many litres of trouble-free washing :D

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Oh, and of course, to Tony Whitehorn who chose not to ignore my email but to act on it. Faith restored.

It nice to know that the person at the top DOES respond to a customers email and not just press the delete button.

Offline Nick Riffed

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Watford

• Oooh Errrr!!!

Many thanks to eye30 and Shambles for their advice. Oh, and of course, to Tony Whitehorn who chose not to ignore my email but to act on it. Faith restored.

Cheers
Dave
And you, in turn, have restored my faith in hire car customers. Having previously worked in the car hire business for 13 years, yours would have been a fairly small part to "Borrow" and may have gone unnoticed for a while. I have memories of walking to the back of the car lot to get a car and trying to work out why it looked odd. As I got closer I realised that the entire interior of the car was missing apart from the peddles and steering column!!  :D

Offline fatboy_daveb

• 1st Gear
Well, the car is unlikely to go in tomorrow now as there is six inches of snow here in Barrhead (8 miles outside Glasgow). It started snowing last night and has not stopped all day. And the forecast is for 'heavy snow' tomorrow. Apparently today was the light stuff  :eek:

I wonder if another email to Tony Whitehorn can make Spring come along sooner?  :D

Cheers
Dave

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

I wonder if another email to Tony Whitehorn can make Spring come along sooner?  :D

But without the "white" stuff he'd be plain old Mr Horn.

Maybe not.

Unlucky about the conditions. I was just reading about your plight on the BBC

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Well he does work wonders so give it a go  :lol:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Whitehorn

But without the "white" stuff he'd be plain old Mr Horn.

Nice one :lol:

Offline Zhangster

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
It is poor though. On my Vauxhall (spit) it might have been a crap car but they could get most parts within 2 days, usually next day.

the only reason why they could come up with the parts so fast is cuz no 1 wanna buy that piece of crap  :evil: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

at the vauxhall garage (spare part dep)  :  a motor for the rear wiper u say ?  hmm nope.. dont have one.. but we got plenty of new cars that none wanna buy anyway .. ill got fetch it right now... bye bye...... yo bruno!? go get anglegrinder... we need a rear wiper motor...  WHAT?!   yes yes u can take the whole hatch off and we give him that....  the color?  bah dosent matter...  just get to work....)   lol

--------------
yeah.. u right... i dont like vauxhalls..... hahhahaha

Offline sparki30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent

• Kent England. 1.6CRDI Premium
Yep, mine packed up yesterday, both front and rear. Pump motor working but no water. have checked to see if there is water under the car in case a pipe has come off but nothing. A phone call to the dealer on Monday morning. Hope I don't have the hassle fatboy dave had.

Offline sparki30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent

Dealer sorted ! blockage in the bottom of the tank.  :razz:

No charge.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Dealer sorted ! blockage in the bottom of the tank.  :razz:

No charge.

Did they have to remove the tank? Great that they didn't charge... could easily have said you'd filled with contaminated water ;)

Offline sparki30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Kent

The wife took it in, not sure what they did just said it was in the tank.
This is not the first time Whitehouse Hyundai Maidstone have sorted out something with no charge, I have to say they are first class with customer service 'Dave' seems to want to get to the bottom of any problem. We did not buy the car from them either.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

The wife took it in, not sure what they did just said it was in the tank.
This is not the first time Whitehouse Hyundai Maidstone have sorted out something with no charge, I have to say they are first class with customer service 'Dave' seems to want to get to the bottom of any problem. We did not buy the car from them either.

Seems like they want to put the customer first.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal