i30 Owners Club

2021 - Any of our members riding their pushy's?

eye30 · 21 · 4008

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Please post your pushy picture for 2021 here....

:weneedpics: :weneedpics: :weneedpics: :weneedpics: :weneedpics:
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

This is the 2021 model for the older cyclist.

There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Due to the lockdown and the bad weather here in the UK I've not been out as much as I would have liked.

As having to stay local I've not been posting pictures as they are of places already posted.

Anyway as a round up of my last few rides I've put together these pictures.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

With the clocks going forward an hour last sunday and temperatures of circa 20c today I was off for a ride along tracks I've not been able to do due to the wet weather as they would have been waterlogged/muddy.

Few pictures of Willaston Village, Hadlow Road preserved station, new addition on the Wirral Way near Neston - Fairy Wood, Spring view on the Wirral Way and looking across the River Dee marsh to Wales from Parkgate.
Enjoy...

Sorry no pictures as TT say I have reached my free monthly limit.

I'll log in via browser and post. Having error issues so I'll post on wednesday.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 18:58:19 by eye30 »

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Not sure how many photo's TT allocate each month but here are the delayed photo's.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Just clicked over 1,000 miles, 1609 kms, since I bought the ebike last August.

Due to lockdown, think I've done more bike miles than car miles in the same period.

Sorry no new scenic photo's today as just stayed local.

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I actually just picked up my new bike on Saturday 3/4/21  A Norco Flat Bar Gravel Bike :link: Search XR Flat Bar 2021 | Norco Bikes

I didn't want a full on drop bar road bike & I didn't want the extra weight of a Mountain Bike..  So for me this is a perfect compromise.
A big step up from my old, but still going ok 2008 Haro V1 Series Mountain Bike.....
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Although cold, 4 to 6c, it was dry and sunny so out for a ride along new route.
Along the back roads of south Cheshire/Salop from Nantwich to Whitchurch and then back along the Llangollen canal.
Enjoy....

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

The weather has been really good this last week so today with the lockdown now lifted allowing English folk to enter Wales ventured over the border and visited Aber Falls via Llandudno, Conway, Penmaenmawr, Llanfairfechan and Abergwyngregyn (aka Aber) .
Some spectacular views across to Anglesey and Puffin Island from the cycle track which follows the coastline.
From Aber village the road goes for 1 mile then stops.
We then had to carry our bikes up the hilly track for some 2.5 miles to get to Aber Falls.

Easier coming down!!

Few pictures....... Enjoy.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
had to carry our bikes up the hilly track for some 2.5 miles

:scared:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

had to carry our bikes up the hilly track for some 2.5 miles

:scared:
As I have an ebike I could have cycled up most of the track in turbo mode.
Unfortunately my cycling pal still relies on leg power!

We pushed the bikes on the flatish up hill bits and then had to carried them over the rocky outcrops, of which there were many!

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Out today for a ride along the Tent & Mersey canal, Bridgewater Canal, Frodsham, River Weaver, Anderson Boat Lift, Marbury Country Park and back to Northwich.
Took a chance with the weather but got caught in a downpoor partway through the route. Rest of the ride was in sunshine!
Rain didn't put me off and had my usual bikers lunch from chippy in Frodsham.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Just found your new posts.
Good to see you got an Ebike ( I've had two now, first was an ex demo, then the new one I got around three years back ) I love them, as some of the tracks we ride have some big hill's, & can get caught out in wrong gear of full peddle bike.
what is the longest ride you have done so far, with out running out of E power?
furthest I've been ( all dirt tracks & lot of up & down hill's ) is 60km ( about 38mile ) but still had battery power left.
Also I noted you did not use the train.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Bike has 4 assistance levels, eco, tour, sport and turbo.

The manufacturers quote a fully charged battery is good for a max of 75 miles.

The 75 is based on certain conditions such as assistance being eco, no wind, fairly level terrain, decent track such as tarmac/hard surface.

On turbo it quotes 25 miles!
With the other 2 level inbetween.

As I will use all assistance levels on a ride and have many combinations of riding conditions I'm averaging out of between 55 to 65 miles from each battery charge.

I ran out of battery on only 1 ride.
Fortunately I was only 2 miles from home so no big deal.
Now I plan my routes for at least 5 miles left.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Sounds Good! thats a lot of assistance levels.

the bike I have the company that makes them have a free App for smart phones, I don't use it much now , but at the start I did. you needed good internet coverage to get full use from the app. where I ride there was not good coverage so bit hit & miss. but if your somewhere that has good internet, you could set the e motor software up to follow a preset route, & and it would custom the electric assistance to make sure it never ran out. but I don't need it as have never ran out & can change the three assistance levels with smart phone.then just push the button that shifts up or down between eco trail & turbo. my battery is 500wh motor 250w and it will assist to 24kph then e motor cuts out and its all peddle, in USA & some other countries the same bike same motor assists to 32kph , but Aussie laws don't allow it. I don't mind as 22 -24kph assistance perfect then I get exercise. also note have never had a flat tyre, tyres tubeless & I use a sealer.

Just saw you ran out of power once, when you loose the E assistance you sure know it! I never had battery on mine plugged in right once & was wondering why it was so hard to peddle. I try to use Eco as much as possible.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 06:20:50 by Lakes »

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Having a week away in Scotland with my brother with the intentions of doing a few off road trails through forests and along the Argyle coast.
Got out today to Achnabreac forest to have a go at the trails which have been created within the forest setting.
There are 5 trails which are graded depending on the competency of the rider.
We chose the lower grade trails but even they had a few challenging sections including water crossings, fast downhill winding sections and a section having low jumps.
Few pictures, enjoy.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
A new "shed" has been erected in the back yard to house the bikes and bike paraphernalia.  The trainer has been moved out there as well. Shed has wired internet naturally and is wired for air conditioning should it prove necessary in the summer.  It is fully insulated, but we shall see. The storage racks make it easy to grab a bike and go compare to the previous scenario where bikes had to be maneuvered to get one out to ride.

There is a computer with dual screens + an Apple TV to operate Zwift. A large screen will go up on the wall later in the week now that Aldi are advertising their TV's this week.

A new garden shed is happening to store the garden tools and get them out of the "shed".

« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 09:41:29 by Aussie Keith »
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
I've had not one but two frozen shoulders for a fair while. Sort of on the mend now and managed 100km for MS Queensland recently. I'm doubting I'll do another, its too dangerous with all sorts of random rider behaviour to negotiate on the course.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Hi Keith, thank's for the pic's! looks like a great set up!!
I've only got the one Pushy FSR E mountain Bike & my motor bike ( road that today )with a group of locals, to the small village of Braidwood ( it's always cold this time of year ) the weather was clear & sunny, was warm in Batemans Bay , but top temp in Braidwood was 10c, we stopped on way back and small village on the Clyde River of Nelligen, for lunch.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Its great you can get out, we are locked down again at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:58:56 by Aussie Keith »

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Well, this was to be the weekend of the Noosa Strade Bianche, a vintage bike local event in the spirit of l'Eroica. Both of these events I have been preparing for the past three years, and missed the boat for various reasons each year. Covid obviously the past two years, and just not well enough to ride the year before that.

I've linked a video for anyone who wants to get a sense of what this is all about and the scenery. With luck, maybe next year I can get out on the course, although I have some concerns about events like this that have been cancelled now for a couple of years in a row. Lets hope they can continue.

:link: Noosa Strade Bianche on Vimeo

And some pics of Frank for good measure.

:link: Frank - Keith and Joan's Gallery

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal