i30 Owners Club

Either good or bad (or both) news you'd like to share with us - part #2

meehalych · 591 · 115291

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Congratulations on the anniversary Mick :goodjob: Oysters aren't my thing but they look good, who was the hungry one that slammed down two before thinking of a photo :snigger:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
One each   :lol: :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Rhanks for the photos Mick! Congrats to you and the much better half.  :snigger:.
I've been married for 38 years ( if I add all 3 together) :evil:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Congratulations on the anniversary Mick :goodjob: Oysters aren't my thing but they look good, who was the hungry one that slammed down two before thinking of a photo :snigger:

Oysters are good for anniversary nights.....  :happydance:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:rofl:

Wouldn't be good for ours. Neither of us like them.  :whistler:

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden

Less time in the restaurant for you then = more time elsewhere. There's a reason they say Oysters are good for libido!
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Less time in the restaurant for you then = more time elsewhere. There's a reason they say Oysters are good for libido!

Yeah true.. Trish go read a book and me go somewhere for a massage. .  :snigger:

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi

Police Academy movies came into mind...   :snigger:

• 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
+ I am on vacation
+ I am in Barcelona
+ back to summer, the winter left behind at home

Отправлено с моего GT-I9301I через Tapatalk

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

And the music played in my head at once :)

Police Academy movies came into mind...   :snigger:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+ I am on vacation
+ I am in Barcelona

Have fun! I believe it is a lovely place (stay safe though - it's almost as dangerous as Russia!)  :eek:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
+ I am on vacation
+ I am in Barcelona

Ohhh nice, have fun mate
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Car just turned over 120000km. Starting to think about replacement but probably need another year to save up for the upfront. Loan on this one is payed off by Christmas. :)

Top contender right now is actually an Ioniq Electric, hoping for just a tad more range on the my20, and remote pre heat start. :)

Diesel prices are already up 35% since I bought the i30. At 40k/y it quickly gets expensive!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Car just turned over 120000km. Starting to think about replacement but probably need another year to save up for the upfront. Loan on this one is payed off by Christmas. :)

Top contender right now is actually an Ioniq Electric, hoping for just a tad more range on the my20, and remote pre heat start. :)

Diesel prices are already up 35% since I bought the i30. At 40k/y it quickly gets expensive!

Sounds like a plan! Do you get incentives on electric cars over there? (we don't)

A Ioniq Hybrid is on my short list. Looking forward to test driving one when they are released in Australia shortly.  :cool:

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
@Dazzler yeah, 60k sek($9100AUD) for a full electric, and a discount on home charging stations. It tapers off as carbon emissions rise for phev and hybrids to some set ammount after which a malus is added to the yearly tax. Petrol and diesel taxes are set to increase about 4%(2%+inflation) every year from two years back(~$.07aud/l) and seeing as we dont have a cabinet in office yet since september elections, that law wont be repealed anytime soon even if our politicans can get their bu- heads out of the sandbox.
I only do some 8 round trips yearly outside of the Ioniqs range, so thats not a big issue(not with a 3yo that needs wc breaks anyway regularly). Charging network is ok, and getting better, no problems on my regular routes.
(I would like the extra range rumored on the my20 so I have some play when the roofbox(yes, there is 3rd party racks, racks are mandatory for any car...) is on)

If I was to switch today it would be about 20% cheaper per month with the Ioniq BEV compared to i30 but since my loan is payed off before new years, next year will be cheaper in the diesel and 2020 about equal (by then the i30 has done 200k km which is when I orginally planned to have it written off(economicly) by. I think the economically optimal is to order a new electric next fall for delivery early 2020, that way I should get away without any expensive replacement parts and I’m not to bound by a good trade in value(if they give me a good trade, I will take it earlier though).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks! All very interesting. I prefer the extra range and flexibility of hybrids, but I can see your incentives make pure electric a better option. I suspect your charging infrastructure would be more extensive than Tassie (or even our big Island) as well  :victory:

I will follow your journey with interest.  :cool:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

+ the trip to Barcelona was fine, I liked the local wine) and a national food called paella, which similar to the pilaf of the Middle East.
+ I paid my home off last month :)
+ we are flying to Kaliningrad on Monday till December 12; wanna see how the daughter will stand the flight as it typically takes one and a half hour - not much for flying (Moscow would be a better option, but I don't like the city).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+ the trip to Barcelona was fine, I liked the local wine) and a national food called paella, which similar to the pilaf of the Middle East.
+ I paid my home off last month :)
+ we are flying to Kaliningrad on Monday till December 12; wanna see how the daughter will stand the flight as it typically takes one and a half hour - not much for flying (Moscow would be a better option, but I don't like the city).

You are doing great Misha! All those work hours are paying off. Enjoy your trip with the family. :cool:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Until Australian fuel price getting over $3/L I do not believe Electric cars will take off here.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Until Australian fuel price getting over $3/L I do not believe Electric cars will take off here.

Most places where they have taken off have some sort of subsidy/ buying incentive and a good recharge network.

I think it is our lack of incentives, limited recharge structure and longer travelling distances that make them slow sellers here.

I think Hybrids are still the better option in Australia, especially for people like me who do road trips. Having 1000+ kilometre range, sub 5 L/100 kilometres economy and a much lower price than pure electric makes it a no brainer.  :victory:

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Yeah, without subsidies 3aud/l is the logical breakpoint here too, there is a lot of positive news and reviews circling too. As batterys get cheaper and fuel prices rise the ev-market will just grow. We also have a lot of long distances compared to central Europe. A lot of people are buying PHEVs and noticing there driving more or less only on electricity but paying the extra tax and service for lugging around 200kg of engine and tranny. I think EV are the logical step for most drivers, renting a hybrid when you need to drive or tow long distance in short time.
Charging network is expanding fast and soon we hit critical mass where the public starts to mass adopt EV, where Norway and Iceland are today.

Edit: @meehalych congrats on paying of the house already, well done!

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
+ had my last Melbourne dinner for 2018
+ tomorrow straight after breakfast a very full Firty will be cruising the Number 8 into Adelaide
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+ tomorrow straight after breakfast a very full Firty will be cruising the Number 8 into Adelaide

Awesome I expect some happy posts from Elena on FB. :happydance: :victory:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Have a good, safe trip Gonz, might get a bit of rain on the way  though.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Have a good, safe trip Gonz, might get a bit of rain on the way  though.

Oh bugger, I forgot to say that bit!  :whsaid:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

+ Happy new 2019 Year!!!!

Отправлено с моего SM-J400F через Tapatalk

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Same to you Misha! :goodjob:

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
+been off for two weeks, has been nice

+payed off my car loan on 28th of December, its now all mine.

-hit a deer going to my first work day this morning after my time off. Jumped out from behind a hedge and hit front right, just in front of the wheel. Left a nice big dent and a lot of scratches and hair. Actually it more ran into the car rather than in front of it. First time I hit a larger animal despite my many km of driving in very densely(by animals) populated forests and boy am I glad it was not a moose!

+I have a zero excess insurance for animal collisions, so it should sort out fine.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+been off for two weeks, has been nice

+payed off my car loan on 28th of December, its now all mine.

-hit a deer going to my first work day this morning after my time off. Jumped out from behind a hedge and hit front right, just in front of the wheel. Left a nice big dent and a lot of scratches and hair. Actually it more ran into the car rather than in front of it. First time I hit a larger animal despite my many km of driving in very densely(by animals) populated forests and boy am I glad it was not a moose!

+I have a zero excess insurance for animal collisions, so it should sort out fine.

:goodjob:

:happydance:

:Shocked:  :disapp:

:sweating:  :goodjob:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
 :whsaid:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal