i30 Owners Club

2013 i30 GD 1.8 Petrol Auto Intermittent Stuttering while Idling

Offline zdowdell24

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ACT
Hi everyone, I'm new to the i30 Owner's Club and have a question regarding a little niggling problem my 2013 GD 1.8 Petrol Auto has recently developed.

Whilst on a country drive about a fortnight ago, I hit an awkward bump in the road, though the car made it back to my residence without any issue after hitting the bump.

However, in the time since, my car has developed a niggling annoyance that hasn't impacted the performance of the car, however I am unsure as to whether it is a problem that might develop into something severe.

Whilst I am stopped in traffic or waiting at a red light, my engine intermittently stutters, sending a shudder through the car. However, when the car is at speed, it runs smoothly without any stutter in the engine (as normal).

When the issue first appeared, the issue was most noticeable while the car was in reverse, as the car would lurch whilst it was in reverse, and also whilst I was in drive at low carpark speeds, however the problem cleared when I got up to road speed. These issues have since cleared, though the car now idles rough as listed in the previous paragraph.

I am not sure if this problem is a common problem with i30's, or whether hitting the bump was a direct cause or just a coincidence, but I would like some answers as to whether this is a serious issue or not.

I have only had the car for just over three months, and it has just over 145 000km on the odometer.

I also do quite a bit of travel for work, so I am keen to hear any feedback on what any potential issues could be from people who have owned an i30 for a lot longer than myself, especially given this i30 will be doing quite a few kilometres while I own it - and I do not want to break down whilst on a big road trip through rural/regional Australia. I also study 4 hours away from home, and drive between home in the NSW Hunter region and my university accommodation in Canberra during winter and summer.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Premium Hatchback Auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal