i30 Owners Club

found a good polish for my i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I think you're just as proud of your vehicles as me Dazz, maybe I'm more OCD :winker: :)

Our weather doesn't help at the moment. I gave my car a really good clean yesterday and it is filthy again!  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I think you're just as proud of your vehicles as me Dazz, maybe I'm more OCD :winker: :)

Our weather doesn't help at the moment. I gave my car a really good clean yesterday and it is filthy again!  :crazy1:

Parking it out in the rain does not constitute a really good clean, Dazz.  :D
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dodgetracker

• 2nd Gear

• ae United Arab Emirates
      Abu Dhabi
Meguiars is good stuff, using the Ultimate currently but a Carnauba based wax will give a high gloss shine.
  • 2016 i30 1.8 Petrol 6 speed auto

Offline Dodgetracker

• 2nd Gear

Abu Dhabi
The Ultimate recommends putting it on in shade but I don't have much shade here, It says its ok to put on in direct sun and I did. Geeez what a workout. I wouldn't recommend direct sun waxing. Plus it was 121 degrees F today,,,Yahooo. Sure looks good tho.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The Ultimate recommends putting it on in shade but I don't have much shade here, It says its ok to put on in direct sun and I did. Geeez what a workout. I wouldn't recommend direct sun waxing. Plus it was 121 degrees F today,,,Yahooo. Sure looks good tho.
Yeah it can be done in the sun but you have to do a square foot at a time and buff off straight away, if in the shade the whole car can be done then buffed afterwards.

Some shade in a park somewhere would have been useful if there is no carport or trees at home.

Offline Queen C

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Thank you for the recommendation! I'm a fan of Meguiars. I just got the Ultimate wash and wax yesterday, I haven't used that one yet. Wish my car looked sparkly-just-driven-from-the-card-yard-new look all the time :D.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: Queen C
Wish my car looked sparkly-just-driven-from-the-card-yard-new look all the time :D.

Looks pretty damned good to me (in the gallery) :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Queen C

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia

Offline Dodgetracker

• 2nd Gear

Abu Dhabi
After the Meguiars Ultimate and New window tint.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
After the Meguiars Ultimate and New window tint.

I think it shrunk in the wash LOL (you really should try a hosting site) Attachments often get lost if the site crashes and your efforts would be a lot better displayed in a bigger photo. You can go Full HD or bigger! :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Definitely a meguiars fan too!

I used the NXT products on my Black 2005 Elantra and after 10 years the car had a shine like no other Black Elantra of that age... It still had that deep black reflection that always made washing it satisfying.

Sold the gem to a guy that appreciated how I had looked after it and bought it without even driving it... Will always use meguiars products and lambs wool mitts to wash my cars
  • 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal