i30 Owners Club

Special Edition Veloster Review Australia.

Dazzler · 11 · 2546

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I thought the Veloster was being discontinued but this came up in my You tube feed today...

:link: 2016 Hyundai Veloster Street Turbo review - first impressions (POV) - YouTube

I did one when they first came out ...  :lol:

:link: Hyundai Veloster Review.mp4 - YouTube
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I wouldn't say that's a good review, everything he picked/disliked were a similar opinion to my own except the ghastly blue highlights on the interior  :sicky: the rear end of the Veloster has always been ugly as well imo.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I wouldn't say that's a good review, everything he picked/disliked were a similar opinion to my own except the ghastly blue highlights on the interior  :sicky: the rear end of the Veloster has always been ugly as well imo.

I actually liked the blue highlights!  :eek: :-[

Offline eXDee

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
Always thought this had an ugly rear and i see this one isn't improved or redesigned. It feels like a missed opportunity to give a true sporty offering, I expect it won't be around long term in its current form - i'd be surprised if it was.
  • 2009 i30cw CRDi Elite

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Always thought this had an ugly rear and i see this one isn't improved or redesigned. It feels like a missed opportunity to give a true sporty offering, I expect it won't be around long term in its current form - i'd be surprised if it was.

The Genesis Coupe is much nicer and better performing, but not available in Oz (or NZ) as far as I know. :cool:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

The Genesis Coupe is much nicer and better performing, but not available in Oz (or NZ) as far as I know. :cool:
Yeah it's a shame we don't get them here :disapp: http://www.hyundaiusa.com/genesis-coupe/index.aspx/

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the link Craig. Hyundai still needs to work on their "gas" mileage although I do realise they have smaller US gallons...

The interior colour choices are a bit bland. Highlights would be nice.  :undecided:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I don't think they're to bothered with the mileage as the Genesis is released as a performance vehicle and the engine mods available in the US are bumping these things straight up to 500+hp.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Yet the Veloster is regularly up near the pointy end when it comes to sport car sales in Australia so there must be plenty of people out there that do like the Veloster's quirky styling.....  :undecided:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'm yet to be fully convinced of any beauty. Wife downright hates it. :crazy1:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
 :MeToo:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal