i30 Owners Club

Cruise control faulty

Offline AngelAugusto05

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hello guys,

I have a 2010 Hyundai i30 CW CRDi and I’m having issues with the cruise control.

When I’m driving it’s intermittently working/faulting. I can turn it on (most of the times) but I cannot set the speed. So it turns on but basically don’t work. I have to press the set button dozens of times until it works. So, at the end, always works, but takes me a lot of time and tries.

Does anybody knows what can it be? Or how to check it?

Thanks in advance!
  • 2010 Hyundai i30 Diesel

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi, and a quick question, when the cruise control is on, does it ever turn off by itself?

Offline AngelAugusto05

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Hi, and a quick question, when the cruise control is on, does it ever turn off by itself?

No. When it works, works well

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Sounds like the switches are faulty, you would have to remove the Airbag and switch panel to test/replace them.

Offline AngelAugusto05

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Sounds like the switches are faulty, you would have to remove the Airbag and switch panel to test/replace them.

Do you know any tutorial video to do it?

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Clock Spring? are there other buttons on your steering wheel for the stereo?

Offline AngelAugusto05

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Clock Spring? are there other buttons on your steering wheel for the stereo?

No, just the cruise control ones at the right side

Offline Basshead

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I have the same year model but petrol auto.

After replacing the (dual circuit) brake pedal switch and side brake light globes around September last year to fix the ESP light on the dash (ESP light also prevented the cruise control working), and then Hyundai performing multiple recalls on the car later last year (we bought the car about a year earlier, so not the original owner), we have been unable to set cruise control. I read on another forum, that one of the recalls relates to reprogramming the ECU and may have affected the cruise control. They were no ECU codes on my code reader after I replaced the brake pedal switch and brake globes to fix the ESP light. I’ve booked it into Hyundai to fault find, but I’m not keen to pay their $200+ code-read fee when there are no codes and I suspect it’s caused by their fix as part of the recall.
  • i30cw 2010 2.0L petrol auto wagon

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal