i30 Owners Club

My car is dead.Only 3 months old.

not2oldru · 39 · 12154

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
someone missed a bolt somewhere.......

Had this on my little Holden Barina. Someone had left out a bolt holding down the camshaft. I only happened to pick this up as I decided to check valve clearances at around the 40,000 - 50,000 kilometre mark.
So much for clearances having been checked while it was being serviced while under the 20,000k warranty!  :mad:

I whacked in a bolt I happened to have laying around and never ever had an issue. The engine did 420,000 trouble free k's up until I disposed of it so obviously there was no ill effects....  :goodjob:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
then mention of Boddingtons (I believe an English beer) is curious.

Boddingtons in the context of his reply to Shambles. ;)

Boddingtons was known as the --- The Cream of Manchester ---  where Shambles hails from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boddingtons
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Bodingtons....  Bottom of my street turn left go bout 500 years and find the waste land which used to be 'Bodingtons' now brewed in a foreign land me thinks £2 a day to park your car there now...  Strangely I still get the scent of roasting hops drifting up across Strangeways Park, or is it just a reminiscence of time past <sniff sniff>

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
a main bearing seizing up will cause your engine to throw a conrod out the side of the block.  :scared: or as us Aussies say,throw a leg out of bed.  :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
a main bearing seizing up will cause your engine to throw a conrod out the side of the block.  :scared: or as us Aussies say,throw a leg out of bed.  :lol:

Or as racing driver John French once said, of the retirement of his Falcon from a race.
The car's got electrical trouble. A conrod came through the side of the block and damaged the alternator".
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic

Or as racing driver John French once said, of the retirement of his Falcon from a race.
The car's got electrical trouble. A conrod came through the side of the block and damaged the alternator".
:whsaid: :lol:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline not2oldru

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW south coast
I got my car back from the dealer two days ago.They told me the main bearing area looked scuffed as though a lack of oil but there was plenty of oil in the engine.So I now have a brand new engine and starter motor.Hope there are no more problems,

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I guess it's the law of probability. Make enough engines and sooner or later someone will make a mistake.

Let's hope that's the end of the matter.  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :whsaid: (again)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal