i30 Owners Club

Hyundai Bluetooth Phone Kit

Guest · 13 · 11768

ouri30
I found a Hyundai Bluetooth phone kit for the i30 on eBay (Australia).  It's selling for $385 + $10 postage. It states that it suits the i30 SR, so I assume it has something to do with the sound system compatibility.  Also suits some other Hyundai models as well.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hyundai-Bluetooth-Phone-Kit_W0QQitemZ280270546940QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Bob

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
;)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

ouri30
Gee that's expensive... can get a good bluetooth enabled GPS for that (maybe even one with revering camera as well...

I agree Dazz.

But I guess some people would like the intergration with the sound system.  I've opted for a bluetooth unit that clips on the sunvisor.

Bob

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Bob...

Yeah point taken

Quote from: "ouri30"
 I've opted for a bluetooth unit that clips on the sunvisor.

Bob

They start from around $100 now don't they?

ouri30
They start from around $100 now don't they?

Dazz,

Got mine for  around $60 on eBay.  Works great, and I can take it with me when I swap cars.

Bob

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My Daughter keeps talking on the phone when she's driving (won't listen to me .. except on the phone :roll:

Offline donc

• 3rd Gear
It does sound expensive - I use a Blue Ant (Supertooth 3) that clips to the visor although IMO integrated Bluetooth in the radio would be better...

Offline Merlot

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hunter Valley
Just fitted a Parrot CK3100 to my I30 and works well took the installers 20 minutes all plug and play has a digital screen to tell you who is calling and mutes the sound system when a call comes in can also handle 5 different phones $399 fitted apparently Hy is using this brand as their in new cars

Offline Duckman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
My Daughter keeps talking on the phone when she's driving (won't listen to me .. except on the phone :roll:

:lol:

Problem solved! Tell her not to talk on the phone in the car, by calling her on the phone!

My logic is bulletproof!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Problem solved! Tell her not to talk on the phone in the car, by calling her on the phone!

I might give her a call and tell her about hands free bluetooth (boyfriend works at supercheap now so that might help..)

Offline MRH130

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

• Was Crystal the i30 SR, now Courtney the Getz-tacy
Hi All,

Over the weekend I got bored and finally fitted my Bluetooth to Crystal. It's the genuine Hyundai kit, which I got when I bought the car, but I never got around to installing it.

So now that it's in there, I have to say I am very happy with it. Fits nicely and works very well. It would be nicer if it was fully integrated with the stereo, but for a non-factory kit it's very good.

If I had to complain, the only problem I have with the operation of the system is that when it cuts the sound from the stereo so you can make a call, it doesn't actually stop the stereo playing. So if you were listening to something in particular you might lose your spot.

Small potatoes though, I am very happy.  :D

Just my 2 cents.  :wink:

Offline i30niko

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      ADELAIDE, SA, AUSTRALIA
Hi guys,

I know this topic has not been posted for a while, but I just wanted to ask, when we are talking about a genuine Bluetooth kit - are we talking integration on the steering wheel as well?
  • 2010 i30 diesel SX auto

Offline fripster

• 1st Gear
just my two cents: I use a $45 Belkin unit, called CarAudio Connect AUX - Bluetooth which works a treat and the sound goes through the radio's AUX connection. Very nice....

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal