i30 Owners Club

DW Tuning i30 CRDi PERFORMANCE PACK RELEASED

Martin · 66 · 32197

Offline freakzoide

• 2nd Gear
Quote from: "Lakes"
Well you are probably right m8, and the guy that e mailed me seemed straight forward, so good to know someone uses them on an i30.
A friend of mine has a VW Jetta TDI and has a plug in that turns fuel pressure up has settings from A to F, he tested all the settings but stopped short of F. :lol: , but he got good gains and had it on a Dyno, if i can remember it made 127HP @ front wheel but i forgot what TQ, it was the 1.9 TDI not the 2.0. he has had it for two years now just makes it blow more smoke too.

Here in Portugal the 1.9 TDi engine reaches 200bhp with no major changes! More extreme preparations take it to ~320Bhp!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Sounds like that VW 1.9 TDI is a potent motor!
do they last tunned up to make that sort of power?
my friend has the DSG gear box, its like an Auto trans that has two clutchs not Torque converters two main shafts too, shifts fast.
Everyone tells me Portugal is a very nice Country and the people are nice too.
cheers
does anyone there use LPGas in with Diesel Fuel?

Offline Medic01

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Northern Territory
good work i just recently read the hot4's article on this upgrade.

i've got a question, since you managed to "crack" the computer that a lot of places cannot do, is it possible to crack other hyundai computers ? like the Accent LC, LC2 and MC.

i know that there is a lot of owners on the Hyper Auto Club forums that have hyundai's that have very little aftermarket support for things like ECU's.
a lot of people say to go for full standalone units, or say "go the way of the piggyback" but there is almost no piggybacks that flawlessly work with Accents.

it's a damn shame as without this support, we cannot correctly upgrade things like cams or consider turbo conversions.

anyway without rambling on, is it possible to "crack" open the accent computers in the same way that you have worked on the i30 ??

thanks

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Medic01,

Best to email him direct at

dtech@senet.com.au

or there might be a different email somewhere in this thread.

Martin ended up agreeing to disagree with some of our members and don't think any bought his mod so he doesn't visit us much any more  :P
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline teamgeorge

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria

• i30 CRDi sx Steel Grey 28/11/08
im a member that would consider a remapped ECU in a couple years when there's some options out there... considering other than cranking the boost it is the only real way to increase the cars performance being a diesel........

remapped ecu for the win in a year or two...  :P

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Martin ended up agreeing to disagree with some of our members and don't think any bought his mod so he doesn't visit us much any more

And so, it's an AMEN to this thread as there seems to be cheaper and more 'believable' options to explore.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal