i30 Owners Club

1.6crdi coolant

sundiz · 3 · 2311

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I've tried to find out what kind of coolant HY has used as a factary coolant. Some say they have red, and some have green. I got green in my car. I am going to change it during the spring time, but not sure what coolant I should use. They say that green is not so good to aluminium parts as the red one. I believe that there is quite a lot aluminium in the 1.6crdi engine so why would they have used the green one... Also the red one seems to have a longer change interval, but I don't really care about that. I'm still going to change it every two ears no matter what the color is.

Has anyone changed their coolant from green to red? What do you think? Is there any reasons why should I stay in green or go red? Because those two colors don't mix that means that the system needs to be flushed with water to get all the green stuff out before adding red one, but thats no big deal. Only thing that caught my eye is that the red seems to have minimum temp at -36*C and the green at -40* with 50/50 water mixture. But in those temps the coolant is not going to be your biggest problem...
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Yep. Bang "coolant" into the search box and pray :)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal