i30 Owners Club

Latest "Scenic" video by Dazz & Trish (Grindelwald Swiss Style Village)

Dazzler · 21 · 5134

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hope you enjoy this one in 1080P (took 3 hours + to upload)   :Shocked:

This place is even nicer than the video makes it look (many lovely Swiss style homes but mostly hidden by trees)

We could easily live there .... (Probably only 7 or 8 Kms as the crow flies from where I was raised as a baby.. a place called Gravelly Beach where my Mum and Dad had a Mobil Garage)

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Seoul-mate

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Interesting place that, Dazz and Trish.
Wouldn't wanna be the guy who has to repaint
all of the white fencing though. Maybe it's powder
coated or something?
Cheers, Russ
  • i30 1.6 Diesel (03/08- 09/12), MB B200 (09/12 -->)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
If I didn't know better I would be saying 'Walt Dysney' ???....

Not a critisism of you or your camera work Dazz, which were up to the usual high spec. :undecided: :undecided: :undecided: :undecided:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Wouldn't wanna be the guy who has to repaint all of the white fencing though. Maybe it's powder
coated or something?
Cheers, Russ

I was thinking about that when I was editing the video.. :lol: The area has developed over 20 years or so and some of the fences look like they are due for a lick of paint now .. I reckon the average block is a couple of acres with 100 metre frontage and all privately owned so each owner would only have that much fence to do  :winker: (the Swiss style homes probably need more ongoing maintenance than a place like ours too)  :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

If I didn't know better I would be saying 'Walt Dysney' ???....

Not a critisism of you or your camera work Dazz, which were up to the usual high spec. :undecided: :undecided: :undecided: :undecided:

I see what you mean but it is such a nice spot up on top of a sunny hill.. the Swiss style building just seem to work for me...  :whistler:

The guy who started it was Dutch immigrant called Roelf Voss who made his fortune establishing a successful supermarket chain which is now part of Woolworths. He apparently loved Switzerland and the Swiss style of buildings and so bought this great area of land and built a big Swiss style home called Whispering Pines. He then sold off the land with certain building requirements .. outside this area as you can see from the video are other quality homes of a more varied appearance  :goodjob2:

His sons and maybe grandsons? are now in the construction industry...

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Ever though of selling your vids to the networks as travel docs.

Great vid D&T  (new monica, on me, if you want it to put in the corner of your vids just like they do with the TV channels)
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Lester.. learning with each one.. trying to make each better than the last   :D

Got quite a few more planned including some more outside of Tasmania (later in the year)  :happydance:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Extraordinary place. Nice shooting Dazz :goodjob:

Not so sure about the hotel music tho :lol: :P :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Extraordinary place. Nice shooting Dazz :goodjob:

Not so sure about the hotel music tho :lol: :P :P

:rofl: Yes fair call.. not music I would listen to out of choice but fairly mellow and I was pretty sure it wouldn't be blocked in any country (plus light instrumental music can be talked over without muting)  :P

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
Great video of a beautiful place Dazz :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
I have been in Switzerland many times and this is a good copy of the more modern buildings they have there, but with Australian spacing (I think that makes sense!!) :lol: :lol:

Clever use of titles and overlays also, very impressive!!

May I suggest that you get yourself a monopod for those outside panning type shots??  I got a very good one off fleabay for not much lucre which I prefer using to my tripod (for still shots), it collapses down into a wee shoulder bag so is easy to cart around, you extend it in seconds via 3 clip locks and then you have full x and y axis control via a control arm which would smooth out your panning shots greatly.

Please don't take this as criticism, just something you may not have thought of :-[ :-[
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Brian .. I used to have a monopod years ago but ended up selling it.. I recently bought a cheap tripod which I might start using a bit more as starting to take this video lark reasonably seriously.

Years ago I had a good (more expensive) standard def camera and was regularly doing quite big (1 hour plus) wedding videos and stuff for friends and family.. My panning and zooming isn't quite as smooth these days I'm afraid.. hands not as steady  :blubber:

I might try and tweak the settings on the Benq camera as I suspect that kind of judder when I pan is related to the frame frequency?

Offline bumpkin

• V.I.P
  • Keeping it in the family!

• scotland Scotland
      Aberdeen
I agree, some of it is definitely frequency related, I suspect that in order to get rid of the judder you might need to come down from HD res completely, certainly that is the issue with Steve and my car cam's, I guess if we go down the route of taking it really seriously we will end up spending a bloody fortune on camera kit!! :Shocked: :faint:
  • Kia Sportage 3, 1.7 CRDi EcoDynamics

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I think I will go back to 720P which is still pretty clear and see how that goes  :goodjob2: (quicker to upload too..)

There are definitely some compromises related to price  :confused:

I used to spend more on such things but these days I like to spread our money across a wider mix of gadgets and activities  :winker:

If I start to get really serious I might upgrade in a year or two... :D

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Another nice video, Darryl.... :goodjob:

Can't help but think of "the Grizwold's" when I see that name though.... :confused:

Wonder if it looks anything like this at Xmas?  :p

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I reckon they probably do that to some of the houses up there at xmas time.. Our old street where we lived before we built this house used to win awards for the Xmas light displays .. :goodjob2:

Offline Opa_1

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      South West Rocks, NSW, Australia

• i30's are being seen everywhere....
Hi Dazz
Great video. Brought back good memories of when you showed Wendy and I around Grindewald for which we still remain very grateful.  :brilliant:

Really is a great place and well worth a visit by anyone planning a trip to the greater Dazmania.

By the way can't believe it has been just on 12 months since we had our trip and the pleasure of meeting up with yourself, where does the time go?!!

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Dazzler
I've just seen this video and I like the place, really  :goodjob2:
I was mazed to see all of those deserted roads, except some cars in the beginning and in the middle of the video  :mrgreen: it was also unusual to watch the cars drive the wrong way  :lol:.
By the way was that a whisper at 06:28?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Nic.. I still remember your visit fondly...(wow that 12 months sure went quickly  :Shocked:)

We must catch up again sooner rather than later...

Misha.. Glad you liked it .. not sure what that noise is/was at 6:28  :winker:

Yes the roads are generally very quiet down here apart from when there are major events on like  motor racing meets an the like. Gets a bit busier in Summer as we get as many or more visitors than our total population of 500,000 odd people (some very odd)  :lol:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
WOW Dazz! I don't know how I managed to miss that vid. The place is amazing! Everything is so neat and clean and looks like the pics (Photoshopped pics) from the magazines! Amazing! I'm gobsmacked :D I have to show it to my gf now, it's such a beautiful place!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks accim... Unfortunately now many of the houses are up to 20 years old and the trees have grown so you cant see them.. Would have made a much more interesting video before all the trees... but it is even nicer in the flesh and every time I have been there it is sunny  :eek:

Offline Alasama

• 5th Gear

• tw Taiwan
      Taoyuan County
What a lovely place ! Wish it is called "i30ownersclub".  :happydance:
Back to reality, I'm still living in the apartment like a cage.  :sweating:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal