Accim's few vids from the trip to Maribor

accim · 7 · 2328

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Okay, last day I went to town Maribor (second largest town in Slovenia). Did few videos, but I see the quality sux. Next investment will be in better camera or at least much better "holder" for the phone.. The vids are usually quite okay (watchable) but the holder is really bad and makes them horrible.. I plan on buying something better in November..

Here's one video from Maribor.. See the cars parked really close to the road.. You can easily hit the side mirrors if not careful (or entire car). Especially, when the people on the left are overtaking you and you can't move more to the center of the road.

And these two were taken going to Maribor. Love this road. The first one was taken around 6:30 am and the second one few minutes later. And you can see how it's getting brighter and brighter.. Love seeing sun going up.

And one for our Russian fellow:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 18:36:19 by accim »

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Enjoyed the vids.

In 3rd vid it looks as if the cars are being driven with no headlights on/diped lights on.

In 4th vid should that lorry have stayed in the outer lane for so long.  Did I see a lorry restriction sign?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
 :goodjob2:
Red Getz in first video  :happydance:.  Are there many of them in your city?
Was that Getz in 2nd video?

I wonder what those trucks were doing in your country.   Магнит is a chain of shops in Russia (in Saint-Petersburg, at least)

What was the road sign in 3th video at 03:28? Was it "trucks are forbidden to overtake"?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 19:39:22 by meehalych »

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
meehalych: We have a lot of Russian trucks here, don't know what that one was doing though (chain of shops, you are talking about). If you go to from Lj to Maribor (approx 130 km) you will pass at least 10 Russian trucks.

We have a lot of Hyundai Getz's :) and yes, that sign means that trucks are forbidden to overtake there. But not entire highway, just the part before those "little hoses"

eye30: Are you talking about the video on the highway? If you are, they do have lights on, but it looks as they don't, because of the "fence"

Trucks.. Well when they start overtaking, it usually takes some time.. I started filming half the way I think.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
meehalych: We have a lot of Russian trucks here, don't know what that one was doing though (chain of shops, you are talking about). If you go to from Lj to Maribor (approx 130 km) you will pass at least 10 Russian trucks.

We have a lot of Hyundai Getz's :) and yes, that sign means that trucks are forbidden to overtake there. But not entire highway, just the part before those "little hoses"

There were two Russian trucks there at least  :happydance:
In Russia the sign like that is valid till the next sign, that cancels it or cancels any restrictions or till the crossroad or till the end or beginning of inhabited area (signs: a city name in black letters on the white background or a silhouette of city on the white background)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the Vids accim.. I'm tight for time this morning so I'll have to bookmark them  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

There were two Russian trucks there at least  :happydance:
In Russia the sign like that is valid till the next sign, that cancels it or cancels any restrictions or till the crossroad or till the end or beginning of inhabited area (signs: a city name in black letters on the white background or a silhouette of city on the white background)

It's quite similar here too. Look at 3rd video at around 4:20 min on the right (before I overtake Audi Q5). There is a sign, which cancels all others. Other things also about the same, as you wrote.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal