• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks accim.. enjoyed those .. your neighbourhood reminded me of parts of Tassie. Liked the dusk video even more (nice light effects and interesting building .. and cars  :winker:)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
That was great Accim, you live in a real nice place.  I noticed the young lady in the yellow top about half way through and expected you to slow down for a better look  :rofl:....

Also Accim, Kranj is such a familiar name and I can't remember why.  It's not a recent memory I know that but Kranj is definitly in my memory banks for some reason, I do hope it's not something unpleasant as it looks such a nice place.

And with regards the light evening, we're staying light till bout ten in the evening just now so I guess you're on a similar line of latitude as us in England?

Thanks

PS
what sort of camera set up are you using?

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Haha! Good one. Well I saw her too late. Last second. You might see me going left/right a bit, few seconds after that - I had to check in the mirror  :whistler:

Hm, Kranj familiar? Maybe because of some sports, maybe because of airport (Brnik -> it's few kilometers drive from Kranj).. Don't know.. I just hope you weren't mugged or something like that :D

Slovenia - England

Ok, guess what.. I have one more vid. The location is place called Crnivec -> it's approx 7 km from where I live. I went to get get a pizza and then I went home. I'm 2 min away from where I stopped the video.. So still neighborhood in radios of 10 km  :mrgreen:

P.S.: All videos were taken with a mobile phone, Nokia E72.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What a lovely drive to go and get Pizza  :D

You seem to drive quite quicky for a relatively narrow road... :sweating:

Your pedestrians seem quite brave walking on the sides of those narrow roads with no separate walkway  :scared:

ASA... that is called curb crawling  :winker:

I would be very nervous driving on that side of the road as a tourist .. going around the roundabouts the wrong way and stuff.. :-\

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
A really nice drive as Dazz says, you live in a very nice place....  Kranj (sport) not that triggered a thought, I wonder if there was some big sports thing there a long time ago which I was interested in, I will remember, eventually  :whistler:

Curb Crawling vicariously through Accim  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Your alos within the European Union aren't you, so I could get on of these pretty houses and come and live there if I want too  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
enjoyed the drive accim.  :goodjob: it looks like your moving along fast.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
enjoyed the drive accim.  :goodjob: it looks like your moving along fast.

IN one of the clips I did I noticed how fast it looked on the screen whilst in reality I was well within the legal speed limits and had I gone slower I would have had folks honking their horns at me for going slow.    Must depend on the camera I am guessing, I am not a whizz at cameras BUT this wont stop me from having strong opinions  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  so here goes, I think it's a forshortening effect which gives the impression of speed   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Do feel free to correct me though  :P

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I'll bet your on the rite track Asa.  :goodjob:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Hahaha  :rofl: :rofl:

I wasn't driving fast  :rolleyes: The camera makes it look, like I'm driving much faster, than I actually am..  :-\  I wasn't going slow, but not that much over speed limit, as it looks.
So I would go with asathorny statement ;)

Curb crawling :D Haha, I had to look it up.. Did you mean it like this:

curb crawling    

The practice of trying to pick up a prostitute in a red-light district, by driving slowly along the curb, and checking out the action.
Hey, Luigi, you wanna go curb crawling tonight?

asathorny: Yes, we are in the EU, so you're welcome to buy a house here ;) But the prices are (for our standard) too high. Some average house on some of those locations (which aren't that special, there are much more expensive locations) costs around 200.000-300.000 EUR, at least. But than again, can't compare England and Slovenia, so the price is probably quite reasonable for you. I know a lot of people, that earn around 600 EUR/month. But some normal wage is around 1.000 EUR. Of course, you can rent an apartment, but the rents are also very high. A friend of mine is renting an apartment (approx 50m2) and pays 400 EUR/month + of course all costs and the other friend pays 600 EUR/month (around 45m2), but he's living in Ljubljana (capital). So half of the salary goes for rent, the other half for costs, food.. :)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Accim...   HAhahah

Yes he did mean *CURB CRAWLING* in that sense, implying that I am a 'dirty old man', this in fact may well be TRUE, but do I want it spread world wide on the web  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The houses sound a bit expensive, more than my pension could stand...  but it does look a nice place :) :) :)

I'll just have to settle for you educational video's  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
curb crawling.  :rofl: :rofl:  well you did say you were going to pick up............ a pizza.   :P :whistler: :rofl:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Interesting word phrase. CURB CRAWLING. Haha  :happydance:
But you know what's the funny thing? There actually are some ladies (night club) in one of the buildings in that video!  :rofl: :rofl:

You can try to guess, which building it is :) And NO! It was not the building I was going from.

Oh and yes, I forgot to comment about people walking on the road. They do that all the time. That's good, sometimes there's a couple and they wont move.. Or bicycles. Sometimes you have to drive behind them for looong time, but. What can you do. That's how the roads are on some locations. I personally, wouldn't walk there, especially in the evening or at night (which also often happens).

P.S.: I really went to pick up a pizza, my girlfriend was sitting next to me :whistler:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
 :goodjob: :mrgreen:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

P.S.: I really went to pick up a pizza, my girlfriend was sitting next to me :whistler:

You were brave then doing that little Zig Zag when you went past that "bit of skirt"  :lol:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

You were brave then doing that little Zig Zag when you went past that "bit of skirt"  :lol:

She wasn't with me then :D Only the previous vid (pizza video). Though she wouldn't mind that much. She would just give me the "look". I think she had some shorts  :whistler:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

She wasn't with me then :D Only the previous vid (pizza video). Though she wouldn't mind that much. She would just give me the "look". I think she had some shorts  :whistler:

Quite right Accim, dark shorts, Yellow top, twinkle in the eye and I could tell even from the Video that she was definitly my kinda girl   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Asa

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Ok here's one of my random videos. Made it the other day.

Location: Village where I live :)  At approx 3:00 I'm passing a primary school, which I used to visit long time ago (1-4th grade). In this school there are only 1., 2., 3., and 4th grade. 5th, 6th and so on, are about 5 km away. At least that's how it used to be. Now, there are only 1st and 2nd grade I think.

The school was built in 1896. So it's 115 years old now. The church, that can't be seen well in the video (but you can see it at 2:40-2:55 and I'm passing it around 3:15. Hill at around 3:20 is parking for the church), was built before 1586.

Here's the vid:

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Nice clear ride :)

Are you bumpkin in disguise? :lol:

(PS, get that rattle sorted out :P)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Loved it (apart from that rattle... :lol:) Don't think we would have any sealed roads that narrow in Tasmania (certainly none with blind corners like that...)

Lovely drive and attractive buildings but no way I would go that fast on the wrong side of the road.. :sweating: :faint:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thanks. Well, the good thing on this road is, that there is no wrong/right side, because it's too narrow. Especially when driving with Santa Fe or similar cars.

One of my first "interesting" driving experiences (second or third day I had my drivings license) I had was on this road. But I was driving the other way around..so back. It was 15th January, around -5°C outside, midnight or passed midnight and it was raining. So you can imagine how the road was.. It took me 1 hour to do the same trip as I did in this video  :-\ I still remember it. I was going downhill and had in 1st gear and kept on skidding. I really don't want to repeat that anytime soon.

The rattle. It's the phone's "holder" that's making it. I'll try to fix it today, it really is annoying.

Offline TrishCW

• 5th Gear
  • SWMBO at Dazzler's House

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• My little "GEM"
loved the drive,  like Daz said I wouldn't drive that fast on such a narrow road, very pretty driving though the trees.  :goodjob:  thanks for sharing.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Went to Ljubljana the other day (I've probably mentioned, that it is a capital of Slovenia). It was rather funny trip - highway. Look at the woman in silver Renault Clio in front of me (starting at 2:10). And the car that was bugging her that much (that was in front of her) was also driven by a woman :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Was she driving at the max K's?

No messing when she saw you coming up behind her...

Re Toll - is it pre paid and charge taken from a sensor in your window or does it record details and send a bill?

As you where going into the tunnel where do the 2 lanes on the right go?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Re Toll - is it pre paid and charge taken from a senor in your window or does it record details and send a bill?

Am, no she wasn't driving at max speed, maybe when I was passing her. Otherwise no :)

Toll - we have "vignette" (sticker for highway, I think it's called like that) and it costs 95 EUR for 1 year. Before, we used to stop at those little houses and pay toll, or you could use ABC system - no stopping, you had little white box which was detected and which opens the gates, if you have enough cash on it. In few years they say we'll have satellite toll and we'll pay per km driven on highway.. Something like that.

The 2 lanes on the right. If you go there, you go to the center of the town Ljubljana or at least one way to go to the center :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Re Toll - is it pre paid and charge taken from a sensor in your window or does it record details and send a bill?

Am, no she wasn't driving at max speed, maybe when I was passing her. Otherwise no :)

Toll - we have "vignette" (sticker for highway, I think it's called like that) and it costs 95 EUR for 1 year. Before, we used to stop at those little houses and pay toll, or you could use ABC system - no stopping, you had little white box which was detected and which opens the gates, if you have enough cash on it. In few years they say we'll have satellite toll and we'll pay per km driven on highway.. Something like that.

The 2 lanes on the right. If you go there, you go to the center of the town Ljubljana or at least one way to go to the center :)

Cheers
ps some lovely views.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Cheers
ps some lovely views.

Yep, a nice video.

Still got the phone rattle I see hear :rolleyes:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks accim could easily be parts of Tassie (except for the traffic) our roads seldom that busy except in Hobart and Launceston... :goodjob:

Just did a google .. didn't realise Slovenia was so small  :scared: (one third the size of Tasmania with 4 x the population .. no wonder your roads are busier) :whistler:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Thanks accim could easily be parts of Tassie (except for the traffic) our roads seldom that busy except in Hobart and Launceston... :goodjob:

Just did a google .. didn't realise Slovenia was so small  :scared: (one third the size of Tasmania with 4 x the population .. no wonder your roads are busier) :whistler:

Yeah Slovenia is really small :) You can get in 2 hours to every part of Slovenia from Ljubljana (capital).. Heck, it takes you 2 hours to get from the farthest point on North-East to farthest on South-West (Ok I'm exaggerating but not that much.. According to ViaMichelin planner, it takes you 2 hours and 52 min to get from Koper to Murska Sobota (286 km), driving according to regulations. So 2,5h basically ). With car of course.

I live about where the cross is and it takes me approx 25 min to get to Ljubljana, 1 hour and 15 min to get to Koper (the sea), 1 hour and 20 min to get to Maribor, about 35 min to get to Kranjska Gora

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal