i30 Owners Club

AUTO CRDI I30 - ELECTRICAL TRANS ISSUE

jaysz · 5 · 2370

Offline jaysz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Hi All,

Sorry my first post has to be about an issue. Just wondering if anyone has encountered anything like this before.

A bit of background, i have a 2014 crdi i30 auto which is about 8 months old and has 13xxx ks on it.

Roughly 4 weeks ago, i was driving down a busy road when I started to notice the revs hold for longer then they should for that speed. I waited until I had stopped and when i went to drive off again, noticed that the revs had to be quite high for the car to get off the mark. I figured it was the transmission was not selecting the correct gear, so when i came to the next stop i shifted it to "tiptronic" to asses what gear it was in and noticed that even at a complete standstill the car was in 4th gear which explained everything. I pulled off the main road and got to a back street and turned the car off hoping that the car would just need a reset as such.  :disapp: 5 minutes later and not only was it stuck in 4th, the check engine light was now on.

I called Hyundai Customer Care and after 3 hours, an NRMA van and a tow truck, i had it back at the dealership.

Being the long weekend there wasnt anything I could do untill the dealer was open. 730am Tuesday, I get a phone call from the dealership asking for an overview of the issues which was provided. No response received about status of car so i call up to get an update and see if courtesy car is available of which there are none. A quick call to Hyundai and they have me in a courtesy car by COB Friday which I am still using 4 weeks later.

Apparently, the issue is with the Electronic Transmission Module and the delay was in the fact that the component had to be approved by Hyundai and the shipped to Australia from Korea which means i probably wont have my car for at least another week.

Hyundai have been really good about everything and I cant fault them. The main issue is having a major fault with such a long down time so early on. At least its within warranty  :rofl:

Hopefully no one has come across this issue before or if they have, can advise of their experiences.

Cheers
  • 2014 i30 CRDI AUTO

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Never heard of that before mate.

The old 4 speed box had some issues in what appears to me to be one batch, but nothing in the 6 speed.

Good thing is you have plenty of warranty left to cover any repair made.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline jaysz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Neither had I.

I searched the internet with no similar issues I could find. When I got the car to the dealership one of salesmen asked what the issue was. When i told him he was quite surprised and told me he had only ever seen 2 others come back on a tow truck but not for the issue I had.

Optimistic thinking leads me to believe this is a one off issue that comes with buying such a widely distributed, mass produced car.

The pessimist conclusion is, I have a lemon  :rofl:
  • 2014 i30 CRDI AUTO

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Obviously a serious problem, but don't call it a lemon just yet. You now have a courtesy car and Hy will do everything necessary to repair your car, including importing parts from overseas. Even MB, BMW & Bentley have warranty issues and on a percentage basis, the Hyundai is probably better than the other mentioned brands IMO.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline jaysz

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
haha, just taking the piss Phil.

In all honesty its been a great car. Thoroughly enjoy it and as I said, Hyundai have been really good with ensuring i'm not left wanting for anything. Although an unfortunate experience, Hyundai have managed to make the best of a bad situation.

Kudos to Hyundai  :goodjob2:
  • 2014 i30 CRDI AUTO

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal