i30 Owners Club

First Service and then some (What's the service schedule for Swedish i30?)

Offline availlesray

• 1st Gear
Hi folks,
I have bought an i30 cw which I am extremely happy with.
However, the vehicle was bought through a European franchise who got the car from Sweden with service schedule (in Swedish) included.(I live in France).
I cannot seem to get a new service schedule from them and Google translate cannot deciper the Swedish in my manual.
So, can someone advise when my first service is due, 10000 or 15000km.
There is also another booklet with the pack which i think is to do with the Guarantee.Is this the case and what has to be checked?
I look forward to your thoughts, thanks in advance.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Depends on the country and the engine. In Slovenia, for example, petrol engines have first service at 15,000 km and then ever 20,000 km or 1 year (which comes first) and for diesel engines, the first service is at 30,000 km and then every 30,000 km (or 1 year I think). Older diesels had service on every 20,000 km. So I don't know... In some countries it's every 15,000 km for both engines.

You should contact some of the dealers in your country and check with them.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome availlesray .. Is it the Diesel or the Petrol..? Not sure if anyone can help with a service manual in French but we can track you down an English one easily enough.. :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
It's always going to be a tough one, this.

Service schedules seem to differ depending on the the country for which the build was intended; probably more so for the diesel than the petrol. I mean, over here in the UK we don't seem to need a 1000km dusting-off service, and thus it doesn't appear on our schedule. However, in places where kangaroos breed, it would appear to be a necessity.

So would the servicing schedule for a Scandinavian vehicle be appropriate if that vehicle was used in the dryer climate enjoyed by France? Hmmm... like I said, a tough one.

I'd like to hear a dealerships views on this.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
If you're intending to have the car serviced by Hyundai, I would select the likely dealership you will be attending and indicating to them that if they help you now with a service schedule, you will allow them to service your car. It's always a good thing to establish a relationship with the service department.  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Here is another question which you may wish to check.

My i30 was sourced and registered in the UK and I understand the warranty covers the car if it is taken across the Engilsh Channel to many of the mainland european countries.

AS yours was sourced from one country but I presume registered in another, will there be any restrictions on the warranty for your car?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Welcome to the forum.
I hope someone is able to solve your problem for you.  :)
Mine was built in Korea, bought in Australia and written in English  :confused:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
If your i30 cw follows a similar schedule to the UK, you can see a copy of that schedule here, though I don't think it was ever decided whether 12,500 miles or 10,000 applies to the newer models (even 20,000 miles has been mentioned I think).
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal