i30 Owners Club

1500km Service

Bushy · 11 · 3888

Offline Bushy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mordialloc, Victoria

• 2013 i30 Elite Tourer CRDI Auto "Cool Red"
Just had my CRDI in for the first service at 1639km.  No issues found.  Service centre seemed well organised and welcoming.  However didn't wash the car that I have had previously done on other cars.  Not really an issue, but it's one of those nice to have done things that give you a warm and fuzzy feeling.
  • 2013 i30 Tourer Elite CRDI 1.6L D Auto Red

Offline Bushy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mordialloc, Victoria

Just noticed that they are suggesting the next service is the optional 7500km service or six months.  What do you all think?

Book says optional unless driven under demanding conditions (page 14 of service book).  I am probably not doing any of the demanding conditions on the list.   Really a mixed list.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
IMO, forget it. You could change the oil if it really bothers you, I don't, though. Diesel engines do dirty their oil due to exhaust gas recirculation.  :Dunno:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Yeah don't wast your money :mrgreen: If you do but, it is $190. And it does not bring down the price of your 15000km service
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I had the first oil change at about 7,500 klms in my 2007 CRDi, but it is optional unless your car gets stressful use.

If you get the first oil change at 15,000 klms, perhaps keep a bit more of a check on the oil level between now and then.  Since the first oil change in mine, I have done most of the oil changes at something like 9,000 klm intervals and I never seem to get out of it the 5 litres that I put in.   Recently I checked the oil level and it was about half-way between the upper and lower marks, so I added a bit.   My last oil change was about 9,000 klms ago, so I will probably do one in the next 1,000 klms or so but if I was changing the oil at 15,000 intervals and I didn't check the oil level, it might get a bit lower than I would like it to be.
  • SX crdi manual 2007

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I had the first oil change at about 7,500 klms in my 2007 CRDi, but it is optional unless your car gets stressful use.

If you get the first oil change at 15,000 klms, perhaps keep a bit more of a check on the oil level between now and then.  Since the first oil change in mine, I have done most of the oil changes at something like 9,000 klm intervals and I never seem to get out of it the 5 litres that I put in.   Recently I checked the oil level and it was about half-way between the upper and lower marks, so I added a bit.   My last oil change was about 9,000 klms ago, so I will probably do one in the next 1,000 klms or so but if I was changing the oil at 15,000 intervals and I didn't check the oil level, it might get a bit lower than I would like it to be.
Well, they ARE called "oil burners"  :P ;)
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Eureka

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Just noticed that they are suggesting the next service is the optional 7500km service or six months.  What do you all think?

They tried that when my car was new as well..... :undecided:

Had to laugh though, the last 2 service reminders (sticker on the windscreen) have said the next service is due in 6 months or 15,000k's time....  :lol:

Offline Bushy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Mordialloc, Victoria

If I felt nervous I could always take it to my local garage who I have a good relationship with to do the 7500km optional service.  Would be cheaper in all likelihood.   Think I will stick with the fixed price 15000 and 30000 km services as that gives me free road assist (saving $80 RACV) and sat nav map upgrades as well.  Then will probably go back to my local .....

What do others do?  Dealer or non dealer servicing?

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I use my local dealer, but I supply all filters and oil....That way most of the servicing cost is just for labour.

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Usually dealer while under warranty, unless they screw me. Otherwise indy. Not required to be done by hyundai, but has to be done by certified mechanic and hyundai parts. Just don't want to give them a reason to try not to fix it under warranty :undecided:
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal