i30 Owners Club

15,000 km service

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
In for the 15,000km service this morning. See how we go. sitting in the lounge room at Klosters Hyundai in Hamilton. Came in this morning and the service guy got my paperwork out and I glanced at the price, which said $337. The manager just hapened to walk out and I said "thought services up to 45k are capped at $289." He looked dumbfounded.  And then we went to look on the computer. He said the billing is set up wrong on the car. He changed the price to $289 and said he would make sure it was fixed for the next services. So far, so good. Glad they werent trying to pull a fast one on me.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:02:12 by TheReaper »
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 GD Active 1.6 L, 6 Speed Automatic, Diesel

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
In for the 15,000km service this morning. See how we go. sitting in the lounge room at Klosters Hyundai in Hamilton. Came in this morning and the service guy got my paperwork out and I glanced at the price, which said $337. The manager just hapened to walk out and I said "thought services up to 45k are capped at $289." He looked dumbfounded.  And then we went to look on the computer. He said the billing is set up wrong on the car. He was changed the price to $289 and said he would make sure it was fixed for the next services. So far, so good. Glad they werent trying to pull a fast one on me.
They aren't but keep an eye on it.
Both my local dealer and the one in Darwin have failed to bill my daughter's Accent correctly, owing to the way the Hyundai computers are set up.
Also, unless you give them plenty of notice, they take forever to re-bill because they basically have to enter every line and description manually. November last year it was still like that in Darwin.
They may have corrected it now.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
In for the 15,000km service this morning. See how we go. sitting in the lounge room at Klosters Hyundai in Hamilton. Came in this morning and the service guy got my paperwork out and I glanced at the price, which said $337. The manager just hapened to walk out and I said "thought services up to 45k are capped at $289." He looked dumbfounded.  And then we went to look on the computer. He said the billing is set up wrong on the car. He was changed the price to $289 and said he would make sure it was fixed for the next services. So far, so good. Glad they werent trying to pull a fast one on me.

better still they weren't trying to preform a fast pull on you either  :rofl:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
:rofl:

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
No issues to report. Simple easy service.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Did you supply your own oil or just go with what they use? ( did you get $ off the capped price service ) spoke to my dealer yesterday and found that they use Castrol Magnatec :fum: so I'll be supplying my own oil "Royal Purple" and Ryco filter.

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
It was $259 all up. So $30 less than the cap. Mine uses havoline. I just went with what they had.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Why did they give $30 of the capped price?

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
Will have to look Saturday when I get home.

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
Good on you Reaper, keep those buggers at Hyundai honest. :evil:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
From what I can recall. There wasnt anything out of the ordinary. 

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
From what I can recall. There wasnt anything out of the ordinary.

Did you get your wheels/tryres rotated at the 1500 service? If so did they charge you extra for that?  South Coast Hyundai charged me $50 for the rotation when I got my service in December, I reported in on that. :fum:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
No. Decided not to, nor did they ask me. The are all 7mm on tread. So didn't feel it was necessary.

Offline TheReaper

• 6th Gear
  • Mad Medic

• au Australia
      Newcastle, NSW

• Live laugh and love
And got a free car wash

Offline TimH

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      The Ponds, Sydney
Had my 15000 service done last week at the dealership where I bought the car. Didn't have to pay for it as I won a free service at a promotion earlier in the year. They washed it for me too. The only question I have is the oil that is listed on the receipt is Mag pro synthetic MP 5W30. I spoke to  them some months ago when I was considering a 7500 oil and filter change and they said they use castrol, I can't find any reference to a castrol magnatec synthetic 5w30 ACEA B4 oil anywhere. Might call them in the morning to clarify.
  • I30 crdi tourer

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Mag Pro is Castrol Magnatec, I'd recommend you supply your own oil next time if they're going to use that rubbish  :disapp:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
SuperCheap are advertising Gulf Western 15W-30 for Diesel for $30 for 2x6L bottles, I think. Has anyone seen it? Any good?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
SuperCheap are advertising Gulf Western 15W-30 for Diesel for $30 for 2x6L bottles, I think. Has anyone seen it? Any good?
It's starting to get a following Gonz, they're an Australian company but I've not seen any tests done with it yet.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I wish I could get 5-40 for that price, I'd be down there like a flash in the flesh.  :eek:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal