Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
:scared:

The vid won't start for me but it doesn't make for clever reading :rolleyes:

Vid started OK for me....  what can ya say except 'LUNATIC'.

I hope they find the idiiot  :Shocked:

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Seen worse..... :)

The video didn't wanna work for me either but I refreshed the page and it then decided to play...

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
They made a song and dance about his "close call" when he overtook over double lines....
He was out and back in 2 seconds. He had a clear view of what was coming so while he's a dickhead for breaking the road rules, I really don't think it was that bad.

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
They made a song and dance about his "close call" when he overtook over double lines....
He was out and back in 2 seconds. He had a clear view of what was coming so while he's a dickhead for breaking the road rules, I really don't think it was that bad.

Yep, anything on two wheels going at nearly 250 kph is not "that bad". Yeah, right. :disapp:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

ouri30
There are idiots like this everywhere.  Can't say what the exact speed a motorbike rider was doing one day when he passed me on the SE Freeway in SA, but it was very fast.  He was out of site within 10 seconds.  About a week later my wife was also passed in the same spot, most likely by the same rider.  If he came to grief, he would have been a mess.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Hopefully all within his own helmet.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
At 250 kph I'd be wondering whether I did the sump plug up tight. Rear wheel lockup at that speed on a public road would be very interesting to sat the least.

When I had my BMW, one day I was riding in shorts and short sleeve shirt, (yes, I know I'm stupid,) @ 160 kmh and I suddenly realised, I don't want to do this any more. This was when I was single and now I'm married with 2 beautiful adult offspring, I don't think I'd be here if I'd continued. :head_butt:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

Yep, anything on two wheels going at nearly 250 kph is not "that bad". Yeah, right. :disapp:

Except he wasn't doing those speeds when he had that so called "close call"..... :winker:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
There are idiots like this everywhere. 

Yep, in cars and on bikes....but for some reason though, most people have selective memory and only remember the bikes...  :P

ouri30
To be honest, I've never seen a car doing the speed this guy was doing, even at Bathurst.  It was insane.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
You can see plenty on Youtube...  :D

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
I had to refresh the page 5 times before it finally played.

I have seen plenty of similar idiots showing off on YouTube.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
There are idiots like this everywhere. 

Yep, in cars and on bikes....but for some reason though, most people have selective memory and only remember the bikes...  :P
I don't think anyone above this post was suggesting anything else. They were only talking about the guy in the news item or personal experiences.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
The thing about this sort of stuff is that in the cars being passed, there may well be families with kids who will in the near future be getting their licences. Sort of doesn't really give them a good image to aim for, does it?
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Us Victorian's can top your "lunatic", Dave... :whistler:

http://www.skynews.com.au/local/article.aspx?id=880686

Had to laugh when this was mentioned on the tele recently, they just had to make mention of the fact that motorcycles aren't required to have a front number plate...'Twas the same in the Herald sun newspaper...

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
I just shook my head when I saw this on the news or current affair,these idiots if caught should have their vehicles crushed and locked up.
I can safely say this because I used to be one of these idiots,when I was young and thought I was invincible,but after two accidents which almost ended my days,In highensiight I wish someone had locked me up for my own safety and the safety of others.

Next news story when I see him splattered all over the road,I won't shed any tears for him,but I will for his family and the pain and suffering he has put them through,as I did my own family all those years ago.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear

• au Australia
There, speaketh the truth from someone who has painfully been there, done that.

Youngsters, please learn from this man who has learned, the hard way.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 23:23:40 by Enigma №❶ »
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
My Mum and Stepdad Dad once raced each other from Hobart to Launceston (before the advent of speed cameras) I think I was in with Mum at the the time and she won  :Shocked:

Speeds of more than 100 MPH  :confused: No wonder I was a speed demon when I first got a car...

When I was only 4 or 5 my real Dad took us out in a Mark 10 Jaguar to see how fast it would go.. he got it up over 125 MPH indicated.. A bit naughty to say the least (no seatbelts in those days of course)  :disapp:

Fortunately like Rick I slowed down after some close shaves (and speeding fines)  :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Us Victorian's can top your "lunatic", Dave... :whistler:

http://www.skynews.com.au/local/article.aspx?id=880686

Had to laugh when this was mentioned on the tele recently, they just had to make mention of the fact that motorcycles aren't required to have a front number plate...'Twas the same in the Herald sun newspaper...

Gee, pity he didn't have a front number plate...........
They might have been able to identify him and lock him up.  :whistler:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
What's wrong with identifying him from the rear plate, Dave?  :winker:

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Charges dropped against motorcyclist accused of 273km/h ride  

Jon Kaila Crime reporter •
  Herald Sun  •
 August 16, 2013 12:32PM

A MOTORCYCLIST charged with riding at 273km/h along the Hume Highway has had the traffic offences withdrawn by police. 

Paul Johnston, 37, was due to appear at Benalla Magistrates Court on Tuesday (AUG 27) over the shocking June incident, but the charges have now been dropped.

Leading Senior Constable Larry Piscioneri first recorded a motorcyclist travelling at 146km/h at 10am on Sunday June 16.

But when he tried to intercept the vehicle, the rider accelerated to 273km/h, forcing an end to the pursuit for safety reasons.

Police raided Mr Johnston's home in Swanpool at 2pm on Saturday June 22.

He was charged with conduct endangering life, conduct endangering persons, evading police, driving in a dangerous manner, driving at dangerous speed, exceeding the speed limit and possessing and using cannabis.

However all the traffic offences have been withdrawn, the Herald Sun was told today.

Assistant Commissioner Robert Hill promised at the time the rider would be caught.

"My advice to that rider is to make yourself known to Victoria Police, because you will be apprehended," Mr Hill said.

It was thought police obtained the numberplate of the motorbike after sending dashboard camera footage from the pursuing police car to forensic experts to be enhanced.

But Victoria Police today confirmed no-one was currently charged with being the offender, dubbed by police as "moron on a missile".

Mr Johnston's family has always maintained his innocence.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

What's wrong with identifying him from the rear plate, Dave?  :winker:

If it was a forward facing camera or Laser it would have been pointing at the front of the motorbike.
Haven't we been here before?  :undecided:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Didn't you read the article, Dave?  :undecided:

Here's part of it:
Mr Hill said police had pulled up behind the motorcyclist, who was then travelling at 140km/h, and recorded an in-car video. The motorcyclist then sped off.

So, no need for front number plates.... :winker:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
  :rofl: :goodjob2: good one Rusty  :lol:
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Didn't you read the article, Dave?  :undecided:

Here's part of it:
Mr Hill said police had pulled up behind the motorcyclist, who was then travelling at 140km/h, and recorded an in-car video. The motorcyclist then sped off.

So, no need for front number plates.... :winker:

Yes, I read it all.
Did you?
This bit?

'This culminated in a motorcyclist reaching speeds of over 273 km/h on the Hume Highway.'

Or this bit?

The senior policeman slammed the motorcyclist who was clocked riding at more than 160km/h over the speed limit near Benalla.

Or my post thoroughly?

If it was a forward facing camera or Laser it would have been pointing at the front of the motorbike.
Haven't we been here before?  :undecided:

It appears not.........
  • Tertius the i30

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
You've lost me, Dave...  :undecided:

Where did they mention anything about speed cameras or Lasers?

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal