i30 Owners Club

‘Other countries’ Presidents of the USA’

Guest · 5 · 1462

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
At the risk of upsetting the anti political crowd, I just had to post this, it's classic....  :rofl:

In a regular segment devoted to ‘Other countries’ Presidents of the USA’, the HBO show turned its attention to Australia, describing our current leader as “hard line right-wing Prime Minister Tony Abbott, who rose to power promising to be pro-business and religiously anti-immigration — literally, religiously anti-immigration.”
It then cut to Mr Abbott on ABC panel show Q&A, explaining to host Tony Jones that “Jesus knew there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia”. Cue much laughter from the Last Week Tonight studio audience.
“Exactly. Australia is for real Australians, like Tony Abbott — who was born in London, England,” the Last Week Tonight voiceover intoned.

Tony Abbott lambasted on US TV show Last Week Tonight with John Oliver | News.com.au

Warning: does contain some "colourful" language....

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
You can't stop pushing boundries can ya    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I remember when my Kids were two 'terrible two's' as ther are known.  They never knew when to stop pushing either  :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Love that show,that was cleverly put together,Poor Tony he won't be the first nor the last Australian Polly to have the piss taken out of, on American TV,but I have to Add most American's shouldn't laugh,I also used to like watching Jay Leno when he was on and he had a segment of how well do you know,he would go out and interview everyday Saps and I knew more about their country and history than they did,so yeah they shouldn't keep throwing rocks
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Mildly amusing..  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But... What Rick said about them throwing stones...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Consider my fancy tickled. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal