i30 Owners Club

Get 12 V | Courtesy light in foot

AleM · 5 · 2410

Offline AleM

• 2nd Gear

• es Spain
      Malaga
Hello everyone.

Sometimes I read this forum but I don't have time to follow you. So.. I would like to share a video where it can see how I install a courtesy light in foot.

I'm spanish and the text on the video is in spanish, but I think it is not necessary to read to understand how I made it.

I hope that it be useful :)

Global Moderator Comment PLEASE NOTE Some models are fitted with SRS Airbags on the windscreen pillars.Remove the -ve lead and wait 3 minutes before commencing any fitting. Care should be taken when fitting the wire that the SRS is not triggered and that the SRS is capable of operating without any interference from the wire. SRS bags explode when triggered and loose wires could cause whiplash injury or improper operation of the SRS. The forum accepts no responsibility for any damage or injury, as a result of this modification.

:link: Bajar 12V | Poner LED en pies | Hyundai i30 GD - YouTube
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 22:07:41 by Phil №❶ »
  • 2013 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt (110CV/81KW), Manual, Steel gray

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :ta:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AleM

• 2nd Gear

• es Spain
      Malaga
Thank you for clarify the airbag sensor.

I knew about that (in fact, my model have airbag sensor there), but I though it is not a problem because, if I remember correctly, sensor is in the center of the pillar, not in the high where I touch. So, if you don't remove the pillar and pass the wire like I did, whitout manipulate the pillar, you should not have any problems, I think.

Maybe I have been an imprudent. Thank you for remind the possibilities about the airbags

Like Philips says, it's the best disconnect the battery always we're going to touch the car
  • 2013 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt (110CV/81KW), Manual, Steel gray

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Bienvenido, malagueño!

Thanks for the footwell lighting information. Don't forget to post more often - we are buenos amigos here. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
No, it was a good post, but I wouldn't want to hear of any member having an accident and regretting that the idea came from this forum. Quite happy to receive any other mods that you do. I like the video idea, as it actually shows others exactly how you did it, keep them coming. Good job.  :goodjob2: :D
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal