i30 Owners Club

sunshade to fit 2015 i30 any ideas

Offline jackoimpreza

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith, NSW
hi jackoimpreza here new owner of 2015 i30 SR  love the car after sunshade for front windscreen any ideas as standard from most outlets too small
  • 2016 I30 SR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Jacko, Supercheap and autobarn usually stock larger ones for big 4wd and stuff. Without bragging, I have a big one that I got for a previous car that fits my big Calais screen nicely.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
I don't know the comparative size of FD & GD windscreens - however I picked up an el-cheapo from K-Mart (I think) a few years back for my FD...

It is wider than the windscreen with small amount of gap at top (not enough to worry about heat/light wise).    If I remember correctly blue and white product card with black printing and clear bag holding the shade.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Kmart is where I got mine for $10 but any expandable at 700h x 1500w will fit.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

Pretty sure that is the one I was trying to describe.

I will make note that the black 'tape' around the edge eventually starts to peel off.   Probably should go buy another one.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Pretty sure that is the one I was trying to describe.

I will make note that the black 'tape' around the edge eventually starts to peel off.   Probably should go buy another one.
Mine isn't tape, it's a stitched cotton/polyester hem, the shade is blue on one side and silver the other.

This one is only two years old but the other one I have in the Excel that sits out in the weather 24/7 has lasted 7 years and is just starting to perish now, the shade itself is getting flimsy and the cotton edge is falling apart.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 13:36:27 by CraigB »

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Mine isn't tape, it's a stitched cotton/polyester hem, the shade is blue on one side and silver the other.

This one is only two years old but the other one I have in the Excel that sits out in the weather 24/7 has lasted 7 years and is just starting to perish now, the shade itself is getting flimsy and the cotton edge is falling apart.

Ahh okay - must be another one.  Mine is silver both sides and the 'tape' seems to be the type that is made from paper at least in texture and look (I have seen the same look and pattern on adhesive tape for medical use).

Offline jackoimpreza

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Penrith, NSW
Thanks for your replies will follow up at kmart
  • 2016 I30 SR

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

Ahh okay - must be another one.  Mine is silver both sides and the 'tape' seems to be the type that is made from paper at least in texture and look (I have seen the same look and pattern on adhesive tape for medical use).

I now have a new sunshade, due to the edging falling off the old one, the new one is the same as the one @CraigB  has - blue onside, silver other, cotton/poly hem.   Kmart still sell the old model too (silver both sides, 'bubble wrap' type material - i.e. circular cells, paper cloth tape).

Both are the same size 147cmx70cm and costs the same amount - the blue one is called :link: Front Accordion Sorbet Sunshade - Blue (I think the sorbet refers to the pattern of the material) while the other is called :link: Front Sunshade or Large Front Sunshade.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I now have a new sunshade, due to the edging falling off the old one, the new one is the same as the one @CraigB  has - blue onside, silver other, cotton/poly hem.   Kmart still sell the old model too (silver both sides, 'bubble wrap' type material - i.e. circular cells, paper cloth tape).

Both are the same size 147cmx70cm and costs the same amount - the blue one is called :link: Front Accordion Sorbet Sunshade - Blue (I think the sorbet refers to the pattern of the material) while the other is called :link: Front Sunshade or Large Front Sunshade.
That's still different to mine :P mine looks more like the second link but blue on one side, it was a different brand as well at $10

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
That's still different to mine :P mine looks more like the second link but blue on one side, it was a different brand as well at $10

Okay I give up!  :P

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I should be going past Kmart tomorrow so if I remember I'll pop in and take note of the brand, that's if they still sell it...yours might be the only one they sell now :undecided:

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane

I should be going past Kmart tomorrow so if I remember I'll pop in and take note of the brand, that's if they still sell it...yours might be the only one they sell now :undecided:

Not a biggy - though curious now.   Just thought I would plonk the measurements up here - and it seemed I had got what you have, but interestingly not.  They did have a Star Wars one as well - but it was smaller both directions and more expensive.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I went into Kmart this evening, looks like the whole auto range they stock now is mostly the Performer brand so the shade I bought several months ago is no longer available :Pout:

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
And I feel the blue performer ones are a bit crap - they don't fold well, etc.

Offline crayman

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie
Have bought these things from Autobarn, Supercheap, K-Mart etc and they're all a touch too small, fall down as  soon as you close the bloody door.
Mr's just got a beauty from Aldi which fits perfectly.
Pink one side, silver the other.  Cheap as.
  • i-30

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Have bought these things from Autobarn, Supercheap, K-Mart etc and they're all a touch too small, fall down as  soon as you close the bloody door.
Mr's just got a beauty from Aldi which fits perfectly.
Pink one side, silver the other.  Cheap as.
Mine seems to stay up alright, it's got suction cups at the top to stick to the window, don't know how long they'll last though.

If the sunshade a little short on the height you can fold the sun visors forward towards the window to support the shade, always worked for me :)

Offline cleid

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I picked this one up recently, it's huge but it's a two piece design so you can overlap the two pieces to get the right width.

http://store.rvtek.com.au/sunland-reflex-twist-front-interior-sun-shades-xxl

The height is 85cm, which is enough to cover the entire windscreen on my GD, no suction cups required though I do tuck it under the visor. I'll try to post a photo to give you an idea of the fit.
  • 2013 i30 Tourer 1.6 CRDi 128PS (6spd auto)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks, I use something similar in my Calais which i think I got from Supercheap or Autobarn. I pretty sure they both sell some Sunland branded stuff.. :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal