i30 Owners Club

Rubber floor mats for GD Tourer (with photos)

cleid · 3 · 2231

Offline cleid

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Just thought I would share my experience of using these Supercheap Auto rubber floor mats on my GD Tourer. There's an existing thread on rubber mats but it's a few years old and is focused on FDs.

I went into SCA and after looking at all the mats and laying them over the genuine mats I chose the "Stripes car floor mats". They looked the best to me and seemed like they would fit well. I specifically didn't choose the type that is basically deep tray as I just want a little protection on rainy days or when returning from the beach and I reckoned those would be overkill.

This is the driver's side. I had to cut the front to match the genuine mats and used a leather hole punch (same as used on belts) to punch two holes for the retaining spikes that keep it from sliding forward. As you can see it is slightly narrower than the factory mat but is otherwise a good fit.

The passenger side did not require any cutting to fit, I just punched a single hole and laid it over the genuine mat.

There are also 2 rear mats which fit well (with some cutting) but are not as wide as the genuine Hyundai mats. I am pretty happy with the fit and look of the mats. Supercheap sells the set of 4 for $39.99, I picked mine up during the recent 20% off sale.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:31:18 by cleid »
  • 2013 i30 Tourer 1.6 CRDi 128PS (6spd auto)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :Agoodpost: :ta:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal