i30 Owners Club

How Do i remove the Door connector on the driver and passender side.

Offline whocarez

• 1st Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Rotterdam
I'm looking for a way to remove de door connector on the front driver and passenger side. The reason I wanna do this is because i've installed new speakers but i need to run additional wiring to actively filter my tweeters.

Offline whocarez

• 1st Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Rotterdam
Sadly it describes everything but the door connector (the one that is connecting the door electronics to the main harnass.)

I wanna know how to do this because i'd like run some thicker wires. (drilling the connector of replacing the original wires).

Offline whocarez

• 1st Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Rotterdam
Just found out that removing the connector is a pain in the ass. But reconnecting it and putting the rubber grommet back is even worse.
So I called the dealer, asked if they could run 4 additional cables and use the unused doorconnetor pins.

They'll call me back to see if it's possible. For the driver side it is questionable.

The power wire is more than easy. Next to the accu there is a small opening just above the light unit to run a 50mm2 1/0awg wire to the wheel arch. FRom there on it is straight down to the driver side and to the back. More than enough space.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal