i30 Owners Club

Foggy

Offline Kerston

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, QLD
Hey,
Does anyone else's front windscreen but also the other windows get foggy really quickly?
I was just talking to my friend from Tas and she said her 2014 SE gets foggy really quickly (she had a Getz prior) also?

Can u get anti fog spray or something?

I noticed it heaps today driving to North Lakes and back. I have noticed it at other times also
  • 2016 Hyundai Tucson Highlander AWD

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Make sure your windows are clean.

Foggy windows can be a result of using your air conditioner. A/C's are great for clearing windows of fog, but the condensate on the window collects on the fins of the evaporator in the a/c. Next time you use the fan, even with heat selected, the moisture is blown back into the car and presto the windows fog up, especially in moist cool weather conditions.

Running the a/c all the time will keep your windows clear.

There is a drain pipe for the moisture to drain under the car, but not all of it drains completely.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Kerston

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast, QLD
Windows are clean :)
I dislike using my a/c unless it's bloody hot as. Which at the moment it's a nice temp where I don't need them or anything a bit of heat at night.
  • 2016 Hyundai Tucson Highlander AWD

Offline RuudH

• 2nd Gear

• nl Netherlands
      Bunschoten
I dislike using my a/c unless it's bloody hot as.
It is better to use the a/c at regular intervals.
It beter for the system/gaskets.
  • 2009 i30 CW Automatic gear

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
You don't need to have your air conditioner on cold.  Set it to a desirable temperature and direct it to your windscreen, this will keep you comfortable and keep your windows clear. 

As others have said, the windows fog up when moist warm air is cooled by touching the colder glass.  This causes condensation to occur.  The best way to alleviate this is to run the air conditioner, this removes a lot of moisture from the air before it enters the cabin.

Modern air conditioners don't use as much fuel as older ones, so don't be afraid to use it.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
AS RuudH has stated, A/c's should be run at least 5 minutes per week all seasons. This keeps internal seals lubricated and expanded, otherwise you can loose refrigerant to the atmosphere. It can be run with the heater, as Fatboy suggests.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal