i30 Owners Club

Hyundai Ute

galixia · 17 · 2734

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Saw this article and thought I'd  share.  What do you all think of the proposed Hyundai ute?

:link: Hyundai's Ranger Raptor rival: New Korean ute could get a go-fast N version - Car News | CarsGuide
  • 2018 I30 Active

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
This concept car was mentioned on here a year or two ago, its a smart looking ute and would certainly shake up Toyota’s domination in this class.

They’re calling it the Santa Cruz as mentioned on Hyundai Australia :link: Santa Cruz

Their Le Fil Rouge is quite sexy  :) :link: Le Fil Rouge

Dantrasy

The concept car pictured looks just like a radio controlled car I used to have.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Cheers
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks like a Stadium truck :) Hyundai’s ute is definitely more pleasing on the eyes than what KIA has planned :link: Kia ute confirmed! "Work has begun" on new dual-cab to tackle the Toyota HiLux - Car News | CarsGuide

I can see the KIA as the work horse and Hyundai will be the Sport Utility.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Early days for both makes. Dual cab seems like a no brainer to me.
Saw somewhere the other day, most will be using a shared platform soon anyway. 

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I suppose the Santa Cruz is dual cab as well with two hidden rear doors.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for sharing.  I like it. Nice to see a ute with a bit of style. But slow getting it to happen.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Saw somewhere the other day, most will be using a shared platform soon anyway.

I was looking at the Mercedes Benz 'Navara' in NZ. Given the Nissan's reputation, it seems like a 'why bother ?' product.

Same feeling about this HY dual cab. Bloody useless . Built to carry one bail of hay in the tray and two legless children on the rear seat.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Same feeling about this HY dual cab. Bloody useless . Built to carry one bail of hay in the tray and two legless children on the rear seat.
Kiwi’s! always something to do with farms and inbreeding :snigger: That’s two legless children and a bail of hay more than you’d fit in a BMW cabriolet :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Kiwi’s! always something to do with farms and inbreeding :snigger: That’s two legless children and a bail of hay more than you’d fit in a BMW cabriolet :D

:baps: :judges:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Kiwi’s!  That’s two legless children and a bail of hay  :D

Across the ditch we start drinking whiskey at about 5 years of age>   :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Saw this pop up in my news feed, and I will say if they look like this and are attractively priced - I will have one. :link: Hyundai's new dual-cab ute confirmed: Here are the five things you need to know about Korea's Toyota HiLux and Ford Ranger rival - Car News | CarsGuide. Much better looking than the santa cruz concept (for me at least).

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That looks massive :eek: not built for looks that’s for sure, but it is a proper dual cab.

The KIA option looked better in that range I reckon though it all depends on their capabilities when it comes to work horses.

I still prefer the Santa Cruz for a sport ute if it ever came too fruition :undecided: I can see myself doing the Penrite oil ad with it :honk:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:whsaid: I prefer the Santa Cruz to the other styles. The lead time is too long... they are missing the boat and a lot of sales!  :spitty: :disapp:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
The talk about major Ute sales in Oz has to be measured against Our love of diesel power.

The Hilux Diesel remains top seller, ( also in our 'grey' export market  :wink:).

Even though the Nissan Navara diesel was/is an unreliable pile of crap, Ozzie tradies buy  millions of them.

The reporters seem to conflate Mazda Bt50 and Ford Ranger. Essentially the same vehicle, although the Ford with the 5 cylinder diesel seems most popular with a pretty good rap.

The tough Hilux will be hard to beat, even at a lower price.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
My favorite motoring expert's thoughts re Aussie utes.
Love the Navara comments  :goodjob:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal