Weird effin' it lee a coal lea jet bun chewy arrh! :drinks:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline aerobharath

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Oxfordshire
hi guys,

UPDATE:

The dealer took my car yesterday as I reported performance drop after the service. When the guy came to pick it up, he got me signed on the list of things, such as drivetrain assembly inspection/replacement and another item which I don’t remember. After 5 hours, they called me and told that they have done the analysis and it is the new fuel filter they changed during the service was under-performing and they have replaced it with a new one which performs much better.
I asked if they can provide me a report covering numbers before and after test results. He said it was done on a tablet which won’t let him take a print out. I asked why not a simple screenshots of the results. He wasn’t sure if he can do it or not, but took my email id to send it across. I haven’t received it yet. I asked if they used a dyno to test the performance and he said they don’t have access to that.
They left my car yesterday evening which I took it for a drive today. As I Started the engine, it sounded better but doubted if they have increased the engine idle rpm to make me feel it has gotten better. When I drove, it was more responsive. I didn’t feel any sluggishness I felt after the service. 
I want your help guys. I would like to what is the factory idle RPM for my car. At the moment it is at 875rpm. Please can someone verify if that is the correct one to balance performance and fuel efficiency?
Hyundai i30 – 2012 (new gen) 1.6L – CRDi –110PS – 5Dr Automatic
Many thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 17:03:09 by aerobharath »
  • Hyundai i30 Active 5Dr 2012 - 1.6L CRDi - 110PS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the Update.

I can't help with the idle question sorry.

Good to see they have fixed the issue, I wouldn't be too concerned about getting a copy of the performance comparison, just as long as it drives ok now.

Strange that they had an issue with the fuel filter. Maybe the first one was a cheaper/dodgy brand??  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal