1st Service

Kimba · 20 · 6919

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
Hello All,

I just dropped Heidi in for her 1000km service (more like 1700km).  After a frantic rush to actually find the driveway that lead to the service centre, everyone I spoke to was so nice and calming (had to get to work in 15mins) they gave me a ix35 as a hire car for only $38.50.  What a lovely drive that is :)

I'm lucky because yesterday when I got in my car and turned it on there was no power at all going through the stereo.  Thank god I had the service today.. Hopefully the stereo gets fixed.. might be a blown fuse or something??

Offline SR-1

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
That was good getting a ix35 as a loan car I need to drop mine in for it's 1000 km but I have the problem of needing my car everyday.

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
Yup - I called them well ahead of when it was booked in for a service and they said that would be all good.  It's an older model of the ix35 but it is still a jem to drive and it also goes like a race car compared to the i30, definitely has guts but I think I give it a bit more also since it is a hire car :P 

$38.50 for the day is an awesome price though.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Kimba,

Was it a petrol or a Diesel iX35? Sounds like it may have been a diesel?  :wink:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
That I have to check.. I have to refuel it.. ........ ...  :exclaim: I will check by looking for the glow plugs light when I turn on..

It doesn't sound like a diesel, I don't know what the new age diesels sound like but compared to my boyfriends hilux it doesn't have that "diesel sound"

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It should have a Diesel Only Sticker inside the fuel filler and I think they have a CRDi badge on the tailgate?

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
Thanks - I will check and update later on tonight, still a pretty sweet car, bit too big for me though

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I drove a demo one from cold and the Diesel was a bit noisier (Cold) than the i30 CRDi but nothing like a Hi Lux ute.. A definite throbing noise though so i'm thinking it is probably the petrol (The diesel is a lot pokier)

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
Was a petrol one - stereo has a fault, have to replace it  :'(  I drive in silence atm.. hate it..

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
stereo has a fault, have to replace it  :'(  I drive in silence atm.. hate it..

Hum/sing your fav song and see what looks you get when you stop at traffic light.

Post the best looks for other drivers
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
Interesting news, it decided to work again.. Still going to get it replaced though.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Interesting news, it decided to work again.. Still going to get it replaced though.

Hopefully it will keep working until the replacement arrives... :D

Offline trev012

• 3rd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      Glasgow
It should have a Diesel Only Sticker inside the fuel filler and I think they have a CRDi badge on the tailgate?

What if it's been debadged ??

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear
  • queenslands most feminine

• au Australia
      Gympie

• thunder wishes it could be the snow
    • My Fuelly

better safe than sorry. mine died at 6 months. i had to wait a few weeks for it to come in.
i HATED it - the silence is dreadful - i had vibrations to which made it worse (shudder)

ask how much the stereo costs when it comes in. they said mine was $2000 in the SR.
  • SR AUTO 2.0 Petrol Hatch

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What if it's been debadged ??

I doubt the Companies Loan/demo car would be debadged  :rolleyes: :P

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
I know, I would pray everytime I started the car that something would happen and it finally did.. No the ix35 wasn't debadged but I also took note of the ONLY USE UNLEADED PETROL on the fuel cap :)

Still happy as larry with the car but I'm definitely going to get the stereo replaced.. surely it will be a warranty fix because they've noted that is a fault with the car? 

But like Snow said, better to be safe than sorry :)

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly
did the stereo start working again before or after they lodged a claim for it? i.e do they know its working again?
reason i ask is if they lodged the claim on an electrical fault, which came down similar to mine, even though i could still use mine they wouldn't let me, and disconnected it completely so as to prevent any further faulting before the new unit came. they said mine could have caused a short. yours may be a different fault, but its hard to say not knowing the exact occurrences etc.

but to your last query, yes it will be under warranty as its a fault.

Offline Kimba

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville, QLD, AUS

• Townsville, AUSTRALIA
did the stereo start working again before or after they lodged a claim for it?

It started working 2 day after, so it stopped working on the Sunday, I put a claim in on the Monday and then it started working on the Wednesday ..They said in their report that the radio was working fine there was just a fault in the system causing it to not play through the speakers and the actual radio display was off as well.  I suppose they didn't see a reason to disconnect it because I couldn't use it anyway.. until now..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Kimba's is a base model without the 6 CD changer or external amp (so could quite easily be a different fault)  :cool:

Offline snowcherry

• 6th Gear

• au Australia
      Gympie

• My Fuelly

there was just a fault in the system causing it to not play through the speakers and the actual radio display was off as well. 

ahh i see.
in my fault the sound was getting to the speakers fine and the radio and the usb played, but the cd player died and it started making funny noises you could hear through the music, coming from the cd player. they were worried it would short so they disconnected everything.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal