i30 Owners Club

30,000km Service Pricing and Inclusions

Offline wittlei30kid

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
Looking to get my 2010 cRdi i30 serviced (for it's 30,000km service) and was extremely shocked when my local Hyundai dealership quote me $620 for this service???

Does this seem like the "normal" price for this service? How much are other people paying?

Apparently it will include an oil filter change, air filter change, safely check, tyre rotation, transmission fluid change... etc But still I never imaged in would cost this much for an less than 18 month old car to be serviced!

Thoughts.....?

Offline wittlei30kid

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sunshine Coast
I have also heard that you can purchase your own filter kit and oil and this will keep the cost down...

Can anyone recommend which ones to buy etc?

Btw location = QLD, Australia

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The fuel filter is due to be changed at 30,000 so that price, by rights should include that....
Also the cabin filter may possibly be getting changed ..... :undecided:

By buying my own oil and filters, the cost of my 30,000k service ended up being around $220.

Take a look here and you'll find quite a few links to the bits you'll need....

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?board=18.0

Good luck!

Oh, and welcome to the forum... :goodjob:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Unfortunately that is about the price around Brisbane.

Hence, I don't let them do the service. I use a local mechanic and supply my own oil and filters. The diesel filter for example is around $160 according to Hyundai, you can get an original from England, or pick up a Ryco z707 locally and get change for $50. Same with oil, Hyundai wants $100 for the oil, I can get Mobil one 0w40 for less than that (and its a better oil).

With all this, I managed to get my 30k  service down to $250, though to be fair I didn't bother changing the air conditioning filter thingy, nor did I change the auto fluid (I don't think that was a requirement for the log book anyway and if your going to change it, as far as I'm concerned you should change the filters etc anyway).

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear
  • magunuthVE

• pn Pitcairn
      Usa

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
My local dealer charged me $633.60 for the 30K diesel service in September 2011.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
My local dealer charged me $633.60 for the 30K diesel service in September 2011.

Daylight robbery... :confused: :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
The diesel filter for example is around $160 according to Hyundai.........

Actually, it's more like $130...... :winker:

Still a rip off, regardless.... :fum:

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
When my diesel had its 30K service, I provided the oil, oil filter and fuel filter. The mechanic charged me $80 labour.
I used Mobil 1 0W-40 oil ($60), genuine oil filter ($17) and an aftermarket Sakura fuel filter ($21)....all up less than $180.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
I guess if you don't go to Hy for servicing, you won't get any software updates and known fault rectifications, no sure how important that is. I supplied my own filters & oil at Hy dealership & they had no issues with that. Got the other one due in 5k so I'll do it again that way.  :neutral:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Paolo5 how did the Sakara filter go?

847563 If your worried about that, perhaps go to Hyundai for the 15k and supply the oil and filter.

Best of both worlds.

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia

847563 If your worried about that, perhaps go to Hyundai for the 15k and supply the oil and filter.

Best of both worlds.

No worries  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Though, I haven't heard mention of too many computer upgrades done after the fact, so I'm not personally that worried.

If there was some super duper upgrade down the track that I had to have though, it would be done on the minor service and I would supply everything.

They put blokes in jail for robbery who steal less than Hyundai want for their services....

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Best of both worlds.

There were no problems in the fitting. I don't get to use my i30 much these days but it has done around 10,000km with the Sakura filter. Based on this I would recommend this filter for the i30 diesel. I know that I will fit one next time too.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'll get one of the filter packs then. Oil/air and diesel filter for under $80.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal