i30 Owners Club

Scangauge E

tla · 5 · 3718

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
After considering whether to buy a Scangauge 2, Scangauge E, or Ultragauge, I decided on a Scangauge E.

Installation was simple.  I placed it on top of the steering wheel column. It fit snugly, so I didn't attach it with the supplied velcro.  The cable went down along the left side of the steering column.  I zip-tied the surplus length of cable, and tucked it in the small pocket next to the hood-release.

On the left is a moving bar graph which shows your current (short term) average fuel economy with respect to your overall average. On the right is where the gauges are displayed, e.g. instantaneous LHK and average LHK.

After starting the engine, it takes about 30 seconds for the Scangauge E to "connect" with the engine computer.  After a 30 minute drive, it seems to be be working well: no problems with the auto tranny on my 1.6L petrol.

So far, so good.  I'll play with the various gauges in the next few days.  One thing I'm interested in is discovering the "sweet" speed in terms of fuel economy.

• 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
that where I've put my scangauge II,can you display four functions at the same time? or only two.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Only two, and you don't get the XGAUGE functionality.

There are 5 gauge "screens" that you can cycle through using the left buttons:
1. LHK/AVG
2. CO2 emissions
3. Trip cost
4. Custom 1
5. Custom 2

Offline ricardo172

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
does it give distance to empty on a trip? the ads seem to suggest it does
  • i30 trophy 2.0l auto

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Yes, it does.  You can get more details about the various gauges and readings at http://www.scangauge.com/products/scangaugee/

However, I would suggest you have a look at http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm which has similar or more features and is cheaper.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal