i30 Owners Club

Aftermarket Rain Sensor

Offline batteoui

• 2nd Gear

• ma Morocco
      Casablanca, Morocco
Hello,
Saw the other day a universal light/rain sensor on Ebay. I thought of retrofitting it to my car but have no clue if it can work with the normal wiper switches or should I change the switch for another that have the auto function.
Does anyone have experiences of retrofitting such sensors ? If so, please share your experiences ans comments as this will be a really convenient addition to our beloved I30s

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
Havent heard of it done yet before personally.

I would imagine you would need to wire into the existing wiper circuit. The OEM sensor is mounted on the windscreen, behind the rear view  mirror. So you would possibly need access behind the headliner cloth.

Do you think it is worth your money?
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline batteoui

• 2nd Gear

• ma Morocco
      Casablanca, Morocco
Well, my car came with auto light but no rain sensor but has temporised rain wiping speeds. It could be good if it just do that automatically and not having me adjusting each time the wiping speed.

Offline syecadelic

• 5th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Carrickferugs, Northern Ireland, UK

• My other car has no roof :O Mk1 MX5 1.8
Understand you.

It may be something the dealer could help you with. Alternatively, finding the kit from a damaged i30, and fitting it in would be easier. The auto wiper system would definitely require a new stalk, which has an 'auto' feature among the other wiper settings.

As far as wiring goes, im not sure, you would need a wiring diagram to help you. :(
  • Premium 1.6 CRDi 2008 MY

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
finding the kit from a damaged i30, and fitting it in would be easier
some parts from the damaged cars may have a bad karma  :whistler:   :mrgreen:

I'll try to find an info in the Russian forums, perhaps there might be some topics with detailed rain sensor installation review

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Not particularly on topic here, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Hyundai's 2012 implementation of the rain sensor is combined with a lights sensor, and fitted to the rear of the ECM (Electro Chromatic Mirror). Must try and dig up that article...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal