i30 Owners Club

Auto window roll up module

Jesse91 · 16 · 13705

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
I finally got my window kit that I ordered from shark racing http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cgi?action=view&itemID=autowindow_1__4&cate=011900000

Didn't get any instructions with it, but plugged it in and wired the constant 12v power and the 2 door locking wires the same as what Cewi did in his post https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=22138.msg236061#msg236061

Just a couple of issues

1. The auto up and down feature works on all the windows apart from the pass rear which only has auto up. I think this has something to do with my car being RHD and not LHD like the Korean ones. Because when I lock the car and it does the auto roll up mine does the front windows first then the rear ones unlike Cewi's in his video it does the back then the front. I think that whatever relay is on the rear pass window should be on the front driver window because it already has the auto down feature. 

2. Every time I unlock the doors it puts all the windows down every time. Not the unlock.lock.unlock that it is supposed to be. I'm not sure if this is a fault with the actual module.

3. Just recently when I lock the doors with the windows down the driver window will stop after about 10cm and all the rest will go up. It wasn't doing this when I first put it together so I am lost as to why it has started doing this.

The first 2 things although a bit disappointing I could live without it. But now its not rolling all the windows up when locked which is doing my head in. I have put it all away now because I was getting obsessed with getting it right and want to enjoy the long weekend. Sent sharkracing an email asking for some instructions which I don't think are going to help but oh well.

If any ones has any thoughts or suggestions that would be great otherwise I will try again next time I get some time.
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
A bit frustrating (the sort of thing that happens to me) :Pout:

Good luck with it  :fingers:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Ugly Mongrel

• V.I.P
  • H.O.S. inmate

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Qld

• Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Take it to an auto electrician.
  • Lubricious, the greatest 2010 CW Auto diesel.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Take it to an auto electrician.

Make sure you have plenty of money in your wallet  :whistler:

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Finally got around to installing my window module the other day that I bought from shark racing

Works really good and I'm happy with it, pretty much just plugs in with only having to splice in the door lock wires and a constant 12v.

Most hardest part would be trying to get the 12v wire through the door. If you weren't interested in the auto up when locked feature then you could just slice the power into the 12v acc or start wire in the door and just have auto up and down from the door switch. 

Just a few points for anyone who is wanting to do this:

-I was told that this would not work with my RHD car it does but the only problem is that my rear pass door does not have the auto down button, my front driver button now has both auto down from the module and from the factory switch (you can tell the difference between the light touch for the module and the "click" from the switch itself)
When looking this module installed on a LHD (https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=22138.msg236061#msg236061) the back windows roll up first followed by the front. On mine it does the front first followed by the back. I did try playing around for ages with switching the signal wires to get the rear one both auto up and down but only resulted in using the front driver switch to do so. I do believe it is part of the module relay itself in the end I just gave up it is the rear window after all and holding down a switch for 3 seconds beats leaning over and manually cranking down a window any day. 

-I had issues with the unlock.lock.unlock. feature that this is meant to come with I had it wired in the same way as the instructions and in cewi's post but every time I unlocked the car all the windows would roll down. So I didn't bother wiring this in, I don't know whether my module wasn't set up right or if it has something to do with the RHD thing. But oh well I would have only really used this to show of lol and if I want all the windows down I can just hop in the car and go TAP.TAP.TAP.HOLD still pretty cool.

-I had issues with testing the auto up when locked feature, one window would stop halfway. This is because I was testing it with the door open  :head_butt: deeeerr you need to have the door shut. Also you can't just open door, put key in, wind windows down, take key out, shut door and lock. It won't work you have to pretend like you have actually gone for a drive somewhere as in open door, SHUT DOOR, key in, wind windows down, key out, open door, shut door, then lock and it will work every time.  :wacko:

-Putting the 12v wire through the door was a nightmare where the rubber seal sits on the car body there is a plug right there, not a wiring loom running through the hole. I could not get the plug off was even considering removing the door but even if I did I could not see how there would be any room to run the wire through, in the end I ran the 12V wire through the bottom of the loom and into and rubber grommet that is located about 10cm down which goes thought another rubber grommet on the inside of the car.

The module itself with the box

The 12V constant wire running from the top wiring loom to the rubber grommet below

and how the new 12v constant plugs in. (I am not to fond of this looks messy and will eventually just solder it into a 12v constant wire and run a fuse in the line)

Also the module itself comes with 3m pad to stick it down, I didn't trust this so I just secured it down with a self tapper screw.

Should have taken more pics sorry but I hope this helps anyone who is wanting to do this mod. 

• Hyundai i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Good work Jesse :goodjob:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Just 1 suggestion, regarding the live wire in the door. I would place some duct tape on the door sill, then place another piece over the wire, so it is effectively sandwiched and insulated top and bottom. Any abrasion from door opening and closing would become apparent on the tape itself, allowing modification of position if necessary. Do put an in.line fuse in as well.  :goodjob2:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
For the fusebox connection, use an old blown fuse and solder to that, then just plug in. :goodjob:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Just 1 suggestion, regarding the live wire in the door. I would place some duct tape on the door sill, then place another piece over the wire, so it is effectively sandwiched and insulated top and bottom. Any abrasion from door opening and closing would become apparent on the tape itself, allowing modification of position if necessary. Do put an in.line fuse in as well.  :goodjob2:

Very good idea thank you. There is no contact on the wire when the door is closed but still better safe then sorry  :goodjob2:
  • Hyundai i30

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Would one of the Admins mind adding this photo at the end of the other photos  :)

its just of the door with the module in it

• Hyundai i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Quote from: Jesse91
Would one of the Admins mind adding this photo at the end of the other photos  :)

Done.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Quote from: Jesse91

Done.

It nearly got done twice  :snigger:

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Jesse, the SLX model doesnt come with auto up/down for the driver?
My guess is the same protection mechanism that makes the window stop going down should work as well going up, and a change of the switch should work (at least for drivers.
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline Jesse91

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

• Hyundai I30 1.6L SLX
Jesse, the SLX model doesnt come with auto up/down for the driver?
My guess is the same protection mechanism that makes the window stop going down should work as well going up, and a change of the switch should work (at least for drivers.

The SLX models only come with auto down and no auto up. I don't believe there is any protection mechanism for just an auto window down as there is no danger in it. I think if you where to replace the master switch with one that had an auto up and down for the drivers then it might work as the relay for this is probably in the switch.
  • Hyundai i30

Offline kroner

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
yeah, agree. a new switch might do the trick.

Any of the guys in the UK can provide a part number for a switch with auto up and down?
  • 2012 GD Premium CRDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal