i30 Owners Club

Genuine hyundai fold out camera install

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hey guys, this is my first post and joining if a forum in terms of car owners, I recently purchased a 2014 i30 trophy, and will be upgrading audio/visual very soon.
I've noticed on some i30's they have the genuine fold out camera behind the badge, just wondering if any of you guys have had luck with changing or installing one of these.
My badge appears to be installed from behind (May be wrong, I haven't pulled it apart as of yet)
Any help would be appreciated
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
When I asked Hyundai about this I was told it cant be done " not sure if that's true though :undecided: " possibly they just didn't want to do it or didn't know how but the price would have been astronomical through them anyway.

The option I decided to go with is from the Car Kit Company :link: The Car Kit Company SmartView RVM Reversing Camera Combo | The Car Kit Company  the rear view mirror is the same Hyundai use with a tiny rear view camera that gets installed under the bumper lip above the license plate, all up was installed for $500 and the night vision is far better than what is displayed on the Hyundai camera.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wlcome01: Harley,  :Agoodpost: Craig  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hey guys, sorry it's been a while.
I went to a different Hyundai dealer to where I purchased it from and got quoted $800 for the camera colour coded to my car. I've upgraded from the factory head unit anyway, I put a Pioneer avhp-8450 7 inch unit in, with great success in retaining the factory steering wheel controls, I was just wanting to keep it looking factory with the camera as I thought it would look a lot better hidden away only opening when in reverse.
I'm still yet to get the camera but will post pics and let everyone know how it goes once I complete it.
But in the meantime I'm about to upload some pics of the unit in for now 😁
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'll be definitely interested to hear how the install goes being that my Hyundai told me it couldn't be done.

You can get the rear view camera and cabling at a good price here :link: 2012+ i30 Rear View Camera Emblem Assembly - Korean Auto Imports if you haven't purchased already.

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Thanks heaps Craig, only thing is whether they're colour coded or not, but will definitely be getting one from there
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal