i30 Owners Club

i30 PD "Convenience opening/closing function with remote - all windows"?

Mark70 · 63 · 25314

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
darn I didnt know it open windows :) .. I knew about closing but this is new.  Will definitely give it a shot when I have my car back from the panel beater
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You guys with Premiums are annoying with all your fancy features..  :kissmyass:  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
You guys with Premiums are annoying with all your fancy features..  :kissmyass:  :snigger:

Haha, I'd be happy with one touch up on the drivers door !!
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I'm getting mine done on Friday. Took a whole heap of arguing with the chick who books the service jobs, but eventually she folded and went to talk to a tech to see if it indeed can be done in five minutes. Tech said he's happy to do it just before his lunch break. Fancy remote window operation to rival my son's Audi A3 here we come
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Quick update: no joy. The closing function works and I suspect it did work before this visit too, but not the opening. The service department said they can't find it and there is no updates for it. They will ring headquarters Monday to try to find out what they have to do. if they remember to ring...
Anyone who had it done able to give me a dealer name or perhaps a phone number I can ring and ask them so I can tell these dills here what they need to do please?
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Mikado26

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
My 2017 German spec i30 if you hold the lock button after locking the windows will raise however there is no feature that will lower the windows that I know of as of yet.
  • 2017 I30 gasoline

Offline Pappy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Sydney
Quick update: no joy. The closing function works and I suspect it did work before this visit too, but not the opening. The service department said they can't find it and there is no updates for it. They will ring headquarters Monday to try to find out what they have to do. if they remember to ring...
Anyone who had it done able to give me a dealer name or perhaps a phone number I can ring and ask them so I can tell these dills here what they need to do please?

Hi - I had this feature activated at Suttons Rosebery ( :link: Suttons City Hyundai | Welcome) - they emailed Hyundai who replied with the settings that needed to be updated. It seems most dealers are missing this setting which should be done at pre-delivery. Only valid on Elite & Premium models.
  • MY18 PD SR Premium (Polar White)

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA

Hi - I had this feature activated at Suttons Rosebery (  Suttons City Hyundai | Welcome) - they emailed Hyundai who replied with the settings that needed to be updated. It seems most dealers are missing this setting which should be done at pre-delivery. Only valid on Elite & Premium models.
Thank you very much. I have the spec sheet to wave for the models that have the feature. Now I can go and tell them who to talk to as well. Much appreciated Pappy  :goodjob:
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
It seems most dealers are missing this setting which should be done at pre-delivery. Only valid on Elite & Premium models.

Got my car back and did a test yesterday - Close worked, Open does not - Time for me to ring the service center. :)

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania

Hi - I had this feature activated at Suttons Rosebery ( :link: should be done at pre-delivery. Only valid on Elite & Premium models.

Well bugger me, it works on mine as well.  :snigger:

Works in both the up and down direction and can adjust the opening depth to where I want it as well.
Not sure if I will use it as the dog don't travel in this car, but handy to know it's there anyway.
  • 2018 PD2 i30 Elite 2.0 white

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I think I will have the need to use the down window more than up.  Nice to let all the hot air out of the car before you get there.

Offline Pappy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Sydney
I think I will have the need to use the down window more than up.  Nice to let all the hot air out of the car before you get there.

Totally agree - exactly how I use this feature.

Offline stumars68

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Windows down feature while holdng unlock button on remote works great.  Dealership service team enabled feature and works perfect.  😊😊 happy days
  • Hyundai I 30 sr premium 1.6 turbo

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Took the car into dealership service today, excited to get the feature enable.  Got told that there is a Hyundai recall to replace boot opening button as well so they replaced that on the spot - Happy days.

I30 SR Owners - If you have not had this rear boot button replace yet, then you should ring up and book that in since there is an active Hyundai recall to have that done - No idea why it need since it still working well on mine and I have no issue opening the boot.

Anyway, 2 hrs later I was told that window down feature via remote is NOT available on Hyundai SR Premium.  I then show them the PDF link on this forum and techie still said, they verified with sales and they said not available and they want to send me home.  I went and show the sale guys the PDF and they rang Hyundai - got told what to do and 15 mins later, all are well.

Now I can up and down via remote.

Thanks guys.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Took the car into dealership service today, excited to get the feature enable.  Got told that there is a Hyundai recall to replace boot opening button as well so they replaced that on the spot - Happy days.

I30 SR Owners - If you have not had this rear boot button replace yet, then you should ring up and book that in since there is an active Hyundai recall to have that done - No idea why it need since it still working well on mine and I have no issue opening the boot.

Anyway, 2 hrs later I was told that window down feature via remote is NOT available on Hyundai SR Premium.  I then show them the PDF link on this forum and techie still said, they verified with sales and they said not available and they want to send me home.  I went and show the sale guys the PDF and they rang Hyundai - got told what to do and 15 mins later, all are well.

Thanks guys.

Three cheers for the forum and thanks for letting us know what happened!  :victory:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth

well done buddy, be persistent. I wish they could add it to the SR non premium. 
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline jeffers1984

• 2nd Gear

• Sydney
Booked my SR premium for it to be done in a couple of weeks. The guy at the Service centre at Phil Gilbert said they've heard about it so hopefully it goes without a hitch.
  • 2017 i30 SR Premium (Sparkling Metal)

Offline Pappy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Sydney
Booked my SR premium for it to be done in a couple of weeks. The guy at the Service centre at Phil Gilbert said they've heard about it so hopefully it goes without a hitch.

Take the attached with you - if they refuse to assist get them to call Hyundai AU or Suttons Rosebery.

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

• 2013 i30 Premium auto,petrol hatch - Dazzling Blue
    • Sydney Pet Rescue & Adoption

Thanks guys.

Which dealer in Sydney did you go to, so I can mention them to my dealer? I don't seem to have the function set up so will be contacting my dealer in Arncliffe.  Have printed off the pdf.
The boot recall is not listed anywhere on Hyundai's recall list online when I checked, but will mention it to them.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:11:57 by Sydney Lady »
  • i30 Premium

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

I wondered which dealer @Blazorax  went to that also  mentioned the recall for the boot release - dealer name was not mentioned there.
  • i30 Premium

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
@Sydney Lady
Hi Sis

In your area :)  - Peninsula Hyundai | Hyundai Dealer Condell Park/Bankstown.  Down M5 from Bexley.  Not that far from you.

Regarding the boot thing - invoice said -

80C061 - TailGate Outside Handle Inspection and Replacement. - Warranty job
Parts - PD tailgate outside handle - H81720-G3000WAW.

hahahah the receipt even have comment that - OPEN WINDOWS VIA REMOTE - Feature not available on this vehicle.

They had to swallow that back bout 20 mins later :P

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:20:27 by Blazorax »

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA

well done buddy, be persistent. I wish they could add it to the SR non premium.

I'm sure in Theory that it is available to be done..  But Hyundai will not activate it.
Most "Features" are built into cars & only get activated depending on the model's spec's.

My 2001 Astra is a good example..   Cruise control function is turned off in the BCM. With a program called OPCOM & an OBD2 reader
You can do it yourself quite easy with the software & buy the left hand stalk for about $15.  Bingo, Cruise control works :)
Even programming new keys can be done with the OPCOM

So I would think everything would be there for it to work..   
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

@Sydney Lady
Hi Sis

In your area :)  - Peninsula Hyundai | Hyundai Dealer Condell Park/Bankstown.  Down M5 from Bexley.  Not that far from you.

Regarding the boot thing - invoice said -

80C061 - TailGate Outside Handle Inspection and Replacement. - Warranty job
Parts - PD tailgate outside handle - H81720-G3000WAW.

hahahah the receipt even have comment that - OPEN WINDOWS VIA REMOTE - Feature not available on this vehicle.

They had to swallow that back bout 20 mins later :P

Thanks for the info. I'll check with my dealer and see how I go. My boot latch works fine, it's funny the invoice says 'outside handle' as it's an internal push up latch ! Will see what happens and let you all know.
  • i30 Premium

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

Spoke to my dealer and he checked for recalls for my 2013 i30 and there were none.

re the window remote function. He will ring me friday after speaking with the area manager as they did not think it was available for my car, It may be that this is only available with the newer models. Mine is 2013 and I noticed the posts where it worked all were 2017 and 2018 models. So I may be unlucky.
The specs title says 'reinvented i30' which I think refers to late models, and not mine.
  • i30 Premium

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
So far I believe every model enabled by the dealers was a PD.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

So far I believe every model enabled by the dealers was a PD.

Yes. @Sydney Lady unfortunately not applicable to your GD version.

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

Hi Dazzler, What's a PD version as different to mine?

just looked it up online, mine is the 2nd generation i 30 and PD is 3rd generation

drat, was looking forward to the remote fix.
Be interesting to see what the area manager says on friday. Probably as you have just said.

I did learn one thing from the spec which was that I had a power outlet in the boot that I was not aware of. Though can't see me plugging my mobile in the boot to recharge. :)

Just saw this online - :link: Power window closer module for Hyundai I30(2012-2013) automatic car window door closer free shipping support
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:27:16 by Sydney Lady »
  • i30 Premium

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Though can't see me plugging my mobile in the boot to recharge.

That can be quite handy when you go for a walk for example. The one in my FD (1st gen i30) was powered even when the engine was off and the car locked, so could easily charge a phone or a tablet while taking a walk in the park, out of sight too. I made sure though to turn the sound off so it wouldn't give itself away should a potential thief be near by.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal