Royal Mail Door to Door Junk Mail - UK Members Only

AlanHo · 6 · 1466

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
We used to get a lot of junk unaddressed mail pushed through the letter box by the postman. Such as flyers for take-aways, double glazing, burglar alarms, stair lifts. mobility scooters etc. Some targeting us because we live on a retirement estate.

I had a little moan to our postman one day and he said we could opt out of "Door to Door" deliveries - and that it would do him a favour.  He explained that by law the Royal Mail had to deliver all addressed mail - even if the mail was addressed "To the Occupier" but they could not deliver unaddressed mail if I opted out.

So I went onto the internet and did just that - which has significantly reduced the amount of junk we get. I also notified all 15 residents in our road and provided them with a copy of the form for them to sign - the postman is delighted - he now delivers no Door to Door junk in the whole of our road.

:link: How do I opt out of receiving any leaflets or unaddressed promotional material?

This site also provides links for stopping other unaddressed mail which I have registered with.

Every little helps.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I know this is UK only, but interestingly because we live 3 kilometres up a country road and the houses are well spaced (up to 100 metres between letter boxes at our end of the road) we seldom get junk mail. Initially being a bit of a shopaholic I missed it! But now with most of our shopping done online it has less relevance.

Over here a lot of people have no junk mail stickers on their letterbox (or no unaddressed mail in some cases) 

This might work too!

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
An interesting idea.

But

The scrotes round our way would not be put off by that unfortunately.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I know this is UK only, but interestingly because we live 3 kilometres up a country road and the houses are well spaced (up to 100 metres between letter boxes at our end of the road) we seldom get junk mail. Initially being a bit of a shopaholic I missed it! But now with most of our shopping done online it has less relevance.

Over here a lot of people have no junk mail stickers on their letterbox (or no unaddressed mail in some cases) 

This might work too!

But who pays?

The person who delivers, the company that paid them to deliver, the company that produced the junk mail or the company featured in the junk mail  :whistler:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good point Beerman. Why are you so logical!  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

This might work too!

But who pays?

The person who delivers, the company that paid them to deliver, the company that produced the junk mail or the company featured in the junk mail  :whistler:
SALMAT, a major letter box leaflet distribution company in Australia, frequently receives large envelopes addressed to them (but not stamped), full of their leaflets.

Personally I like junk mail but lots of people don't.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal