i30 Owners Club

Hello from the Adelaide Hills!

Offline Mikkantoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia

• Adelaide Hills and beyond
I may already have bumped into some of you on Myface a few days ago, but I've been lurking around these parts as well for a few weeks before getting my i30 last Thursday.

Long story short (as some of you already may know), I recently upgraded rather massively from a '98 Lancer to a '18 i30 Go (platinum silver, 2.0L manual, ex-demo with 1k on the clock) and I'm absolutely in love with this car and how it drives and feels, not to mention all the gadgets I've never had before.
So much so that in roughly 48 hours of picking it up I've already put a good 800km's extra on it this weekend so far :whistler:

Anyway, I've been reading through a lot of information on here (very helpful too!) and I've already made a list (which keeps getting longer) of little improvements I'd like to make (LED lighting for one).

I look forward to haunting these parts for many years to come, and to seeing and reading others trials and tribulations with their i30's, you all seem like a real helpful bunch :goodjob2:

Cheers, Mik

Ps: yes, I really need to gravel or concrete under the carport sometime soon :-[

• 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch Petrol 2.0lt Manual Go Platinum Silver

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: Mik,

Glad you love your new i30 and have enjoyed exploring the site.

Look forward to some ongoing posts as you enjoy and modify your new toy.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
G'Day mik

:i30:
Enjoy both  :goodjob:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Mikkantoo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia

• Adelaide Hills and beyond
:wttc: Mik

Looks great in silver :goodjob2:
I love it as well, can't say I've seen too many of them around but I must say, I didn't really have much of a choice in colour seeing how hard it was to find a used manual that wasn't an SR ($$$) or too old or a diesel (I have nothing against diesels, I just didn't want one :P).
This was the only manual I actually hopped into and I signed the contract immediately after the test drive. I call it a unicorn because in this town it seems to be as rare as one :lol:

And thank you all for the warm welcome :winker:
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch Petrol 2.0lt Manual Go Platinum Silver

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal