i30 Owners Club

Ex Gov 2012 FD 5 Door Wagon (CW), Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, White

jjack · 12 · 2337

Offline jjack

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Hey guys,
I am a new forum member. Been looking at buying an i30 for a few weeks now and have decided I think that the Diesel version would be great due to its better fuel efficiency. Correct me if I am wrong.

That being said I have stumbled on an ex Gov vehicle for sale at auction that has 74k on the odo and regular servicing every 10-15k.

Condition looks pretty reasonable but I have not physically inspected the car just looking at the provided condition report and photos.

Looks to be a great buy but wondering what you would consider a good price to pay for this? Do you think there is any issues buying from an auction?

Anything I should consider before bidding?

Thanks again guys :)
  • 2012 FD 5 Door Wagon (CW), Diesel 1.6lt, Auto, White

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Go on Carsales.com site and enter details in 'valuations'. Thats the starting point. Excellent vehicle, most reliable on the market. Rest is up to you.......you can see it. Auctions are ok if you do your homework first. Competing with dealers.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi,
A 2012 FD wagon, Gov usually only kept for 5 years max, so its probably had an easy life. Do as NZ says, be prepared to walk away.  Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the hype of auctions.
Goodluck and keep us posted.

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline jjack

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Thanks guys :) That was a super handy idea about the cars guide price guide. Got myself a limit as to when to cut it off.

Just wanted to make sure the car was a good buy which sounds like it is. Hopefully there are no major mechanical issues but by the looks of it it has been regularly serviced so I doubt it.

Is there a massive difference between the CW and the Hatch version when it comes to fuel economy?

Will keep you posted if I do end up buying it. If not will keep on the hunt for a similar i30.

Any recommendations on places to buy if this doesn't work out? 

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome,

:wts:

Minimal difference in economy between hatch and wagon versions. The wagon body is slightly more attractive to my eyes ( we have owned one of each) and the extra cargo and rear leg room is a bonus too. Good luck with it!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Members are worldwide,  :lol:
May help to narrow down Victoria too  :victory:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Members are worldwide,  :lol:
May help to narrow down Victoria too  :victory:
Don't forget to factor in all the extra fees and charges payable to the auctioneer for the total buy price
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline jjack

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Unfortunately the bidding went beyond what I was willing to put down on it which is a shame. Back to looking for the car again haha. Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Unfortunately the bidding went beyond what I was willing to put down on it which is a shame. Back to looking for the car again haha. Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.
online auction? who with? what did it sell for?

Offline jjack

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Grays online auction Australia. Final bid was $8609 + 5.5% auction fees.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Yeah, I would have had low 8's in mind so that's 9 grand plus on roads. Likely hard to find now too being 7 year old as far as Gov goes, even GD diesel would be a challenge

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

I gave you a hint. Do your home work, know the competition. Understand manipulation. Understand your risk.
You could have been bidding against the vendor  :crazy1:

The few here that actually know me, will tell you that I have many years of experience with auctions.

Dont buy online unless you want the car for spare parts. I never buy anything sight unseen. eg. inspect and stand in the room.

• FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal