i30 Owners Club

LED angel eyes

eyecon · 31 · 9079

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
I have included some pics of the new lights with the 'eyelines'. In case your wondering they are white and amber. I previously had blue and red, but sent them back to South Korea after I changed my mind. I found out (and for obvious reasons) both colours were illegal to use, and I started feeling guilty having them on. White is legal and amber is legal, so long as it's used as an indicator. I haven't hooked the ambers to my indicators yet, but it's nice to know I have that option in case I ever get pulled over and need to do this. And it's a very easy thing to do. I've had the thing wired via a three way switch positioned next to the dimmer dial so that I can use the normal park lights if I want to.

I was hoping to have my new front grill on too by this stage, but the manufacturer in South Korea sent the wrong design. I'll put pics up when it comes in.

[deleted]

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
GDAY EYECON,ARE THEY FROM KOREAN AUTO imports.DO THEY WORK AS GOOD AS ORIGINALS AT NIGHT. :cool: :razz:  CHEERS STEVE.
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hi Steve,
The lights came from Shark racing, who offer the same product but for less money. The prices you see on their website includes postage. I've done my homework and researched a number of other sites as well. On the matter of lights: the lights are the same quality as the originals. There is a difference though, which can best be described when driving at night. On the Australian spec lights you'll see the shape of the light projected in a horizontal line and then goes off in an angle to the left. In the overseas version, (left hand drive) the angle is to the right. The shape of the projection is controlled by a metal plate placed inside the barrel of the light housing, and has nothing to do with the globe itself. Both globes are identical because I checked. Some people might not even notice the way the light beam is shaped, but I'm a bit of a stickler for these minor details. Shark racing said the lights might need to be adjusted to compensate for this, and they assure me it gets pretty close to the factory projection. I'm not as convinced. You see, these metal plates are held down by 3 screws. I think I might change them over from my original light assembly one day.

Offline gbranco

• 2nd Gear

• My i30
Hey friend, have you more pictures?

It seems beautiful.

Good sunday, bye bye

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hi gbranco,
Here are some more photos. Hope you like them. I took photo's of them about 30min ago.

[deleted]

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
looks excellent,i notice you have indicators on your mirrors ,or is it a cw. :razz:

Offline Blue

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Newcastle

• Newcastle, Oz
Didn't like the night shots to be honest, but those day shots are fantastic !
Looks GREAT !

Offline SRT Metro

• 6th Gear
  • i30CW 2.0 CRDi, 2009

• se Sweden
      Halmstad, Sweden

• Halmstad, Sweden's Riviera

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hi Steve,
The LED side mirrors are exactly the same as the ones that appear in the Shark Racing web site, which they refer to Type G @ $190 a pair. In other words they aren't the CW versions, and that was done deliberately. The reason? Because I didn't like that arrangement of LEDs. If you're interested I can put you in touch with the actual manufacturer in South Korea where I bought them for US$60 plus freight. In fact the mirrors came in with the front grill that I talked about earlier, which was wrong and am re-ordering. Maybe if other people are interested we can place a larger order, which can work out cheaper.

Anyway I converted the mirrors covers myself, which was a little tricky because I had never done it before, but can be done.
Cheers

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Thank you SRT Metro. Your comment is appreciated.

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Thank you Blue. I tend to agree with you mate. But I had the simple idea of creating these night shots for the purpose of creating the impression of what someone would be seeing in their rear vision mirror if I was behind them. I guess I was thinking in that context.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
eyecon,I'm very interested in a contact for the mirror mods. :mrgreen: :cool:  thanks  steve.

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hi Steve. The company is Hi Motors. Cut and paste this website, and then find the link for i30: http://hi-motors.com
There aren't any prices so you may want to send a request if you want.
The person I communicated with was the MD Michael Shin. His email is: michaelshin7(at)gmail.com and more recently with the Sales Manager Hana Lee. Her email is: hanalee78(at)gmail.com
Michael Shin gave me a complete price list on the i30 related products, but I could send that to your email address if you like. Just let me know, or if you prefer I post it on this forum.
All up I am very happy with this company. They are so courteous and helpful. And best of all they understand English. They'll be happy to hear of any referals. Just tell them you were speaking with Dennis from Australia. They are keen on more business, and would ultimately like to trade in larger quantities.
Cheers
Dennis

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
thanks Dennis,email it to me if you can please.my email is in my profile. thanks Steve.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Michael Shin gave me a complete price list on the i30 related products, but I could send that to your email address if you like. Just let me know, or if you prefer I post it on this forum.

Hi Dennis. Would you be good enough to post this on the forum please (in this thread) ?

Thanks
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
that's good for me also Dennis. [solves email problem] :razz:

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hey Shambles,
I have cut and pasted from the original excel document (spelling mistakes and all), so no one will have to bother with locating missing attachments in the future. Don't worry about the minimum order requirements. This company is flexible, and mention Dennis from Australia as a referral if anybody wants to.   

These items are damn cheap compared with what on-selling websites like Korean Auto imports and the like are charging. I hope I haven't stepped on anybodies toes by mentioning names here.   I've also included pictures, so as to understand what they are. I'll have to send another post with more attachments, because I'm limited to 4 attachment per post. There is more stuff on their website.
Enjoy.

Quotation                  

Description  : Hyundai CAR ACCESSOREIS PRICE LIST                  
Date : 2009-06-24                  

Price terms :   FOB SOUTH KOREA               
Payment :   50% PAYMENT IN ADVANCE, 50% before shipment  OR L/C                
Mini, order quantity : USD3000 / Per order, there will be added USD150, if the order amount can not reach to Mini order                  
DELIVERY:   WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER RECEIPT YOUR P/O CONFIRM               
VALIDITY:   20 DAYS FROM DATE OF QUOTATION.               
ORIGIN :   SOUTH KOREA               

No.   Item No   Model   Description    U/price (W)    Q'ty   MARK      
1      i30   Rear Spoiler (Clip type   US$\55.00             
2      i30   Aero parts -Front   US$\140.00             
3      i30   Aero parts -Rear   US$\160.00             
4      i30   Aero parts -Side   US$\140.00             
5      i30   Led Mirror cover   US$\60.00             
6      i30   B & C Pillar   US$\18.00             
7      i30   Led Tail lamp   US$\184.00             
8      i30   Molding set - A type(side + rear)   US$\32.00             
9      i30   Side mirror cover   US$\16.00             
10      i30   Rear lamp cover   US$\18.00             
11      i30   Door handle cover   US$\12.00             
12      i30   Chrome window visor   US$\15.00             

[deleted]

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
More Hi Motors related stuff

[deleted]

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Have I got this right?

"Hi-motors" don't do the Angel Eyes LED kit but Shark Racing do. SR charge $550 for V4 Black AE (White/Amber).

What's the difference between White/Amber and Amber/White on the AE kit? Is the first colour the outermost ring of LEDs?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Anyway I converted the mirrors covers myself, which was a little tricky because I had never done it before, but can be done.
Cheers

Can you tell us a little more about the mirror fitting procedure?

Is the wiring already in the car to connect up to?

Thanks.

Lorian.

Offline karhung

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Caroline Springs
hey Eyecon... how much is the posting cost and do you know the prices for the door seal?

Thx

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hi Shambles,
Yes, that is correct. Hi Motors do not do headlights. They speciallise in tail lights. When I requested white/amber from SR, what came back to me was the following: white=outer ring. Amber=inner ring. And that was what I had wanted. You can order it the other way around, and it will look basically the same. 'Horses for courses' as they say.

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hi karhung,
It cost me US$90 (done through EMS) to have Hi motors freight the one box (containing my grill and side mirrors) to Australia. They arranged it and emailed me the tracking number. It was all stress free and easy. It was also still cheaper much than if I had gone through the other retail sites.
I do not know the price of the door sill, because I didn't ask. You might want to send an email to Michael or Hana from Hi-Motors.
Cheers

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hi Lorian,
Each side mirror consists of two pieces: the casing, which is colour coded to the car and also holds the LEDs, and the matt black plastic trim. I guess the hardest thing about doing this conversion for me so far is the first step, which is getting to three self tapping screws behind the mirror with a screw driver. These 3 screws fix the black trim to the casing. The difficulty is that these screws are tucked in a little bit behind the mirror. But is not impossible to reach. Since I couldn't find a swivel head screw driver (if such a thing exists) or flexible shaft which does exist, I had to make do with a normal screw driver. But make sure the screw driver is good quality, because you have to go in on an angle, and do it very slowly and firmly so as not to burr head of the screw.
I won't bore the readers any further, suffice to say the glass mirror (not really glass, but plastic) is a snap fit type, and it's robust enough to withstand a drop on the floor (based on experience). Once the mirror is off it's all good. If any one gets a set and they still want further info then let me know, but this first step is important enough to write here. It makes it much easier to remove the mirror.
The new housing has two sets of wires, one for the LEDs at the front, and another set at the bottom of the casing. It's then a matter for the electrician to hook up. Mine aren't hooked up yet, because my electrician is busy for another week or so. I couldn't be bothered doing this my self, but don't let me stop anyone doing this. I want to hook up the LEDs at the bottom with my doors, so that when they are unlocked the LEDs stay on for a short period vias some sort of delay relay. I haven't thought about too much. That's why I leave it to my electrician to sort out
Hope this helps Lorian

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
sweet.i feel like im a kid in a lolly shop. :razz: :cool: :mrgreen:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline andys101

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Canterbury, Kent, England.
I have included some pics of the new lights with the 'eyelines'. In case your wondering they are white and amber. I previously had blue and red, but sent them back to South Korea after I changed my mind. I found out (and for obvious reasons) both colours were illegal to use, and I started feeling guilty having them on. White is legal and amber is legal, so long as it's used as an indicator. I haven't hooked the ambers to my indicators yet, but it's nice to know I have that option in case I ever get pulled over and need to do this. And it's a very easy thing to do. I've had the thing wired via a three way switch positioned next to the dimmer dial so that I can use the normal park lights if I want to.

I was hoping to have my new front grill on too by this stage, but the manufacturer in South Korea sent the wrong design. I'll put pics up when it comes in.

I dont know if Oz is different but......
In the UK you can only have amber side lights if incorporated into amber head lights.
You can only have ONE indicator on the front on each side.

Just some info.

Andy.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Andy

So if I replace my door mirrors to have those with the turn indicator fitted, does that mean I have to "lose" those currently attached to my wings?

I'd be unhappy to do that I tell you.

I think it'd be better for safety if we could have as many as we wanted...

Offline eyecon

• 4th Gear

• au Australia

• Australia's Capital
Hey Andy. I'll have to double check our regulations. TBH I haven't thought about it too much. But if I was to hook mine up to perform like a blinker then I would disconnect the existing blinker light in the front headlight, and power the two amber rings in the instead. In other words the amber rings would solely work as normal flashing indicators, and so long as the ambers are flashing I think it would meet the legal requirement. And if it doesn't then I could just make one of the two rings work as flashing indicators.
Cheers
Dennis

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal