i30 Owners Club

Is it possible to instal a turbo gauge...

Offline freakzoide

• 2nd Gear
without any major modifications?

Where should the "Y" be installed?

Thank you!

Offline michael_i30

• 2nd Gear

• Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Not sure if this is the same but scangauge II might be an easy option.

Offline freakzoide

• 2nd Gear
Scangauge is a digital unit,that measures from the ecu (probably from the map sensor).

I would like to install a "mechanical" analog gauge, something like this:

Thks the reply btw.

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
a gauge to measure boost[psi]  :question:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
i will find out on the weekend, as i would like one too very accurate and good for economy driving as well as other things.
scangauge11 does not tell you the true boost as normal manifold vacume is in there too, these gauges get there reading from the turbo not up in the manifold. i won't recomend scangauge as i had a problem, gave it away free.

Offline freakzoide

• 2nd Gear
I will be measuring it in Bars... but basically that it 2i30s.

Lakes,
I've been giving it a look, didn't find any spot to install it, without messing about in the intake tubing! :(

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
my petrol i30 reads manifold presure.im not sure about a crdi i30.[scangauge reading]
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

ouri30
my petrol i30 reads manifold presure.im not sure about a crdi i30.[scangauge reading]

Scanguage reads MAP on the CRDi in whatever unit you choose.  I have it set to PSI.  To get the boost pressure, deduct 15 PSI (actually more like 14.6-14.8 I believe) and you have the boost pressure. 

Interestingly, and I've reported this elsewhere, when you turn on the a/c you get 2 PSI of extra boost to compensate for the load of the a/c compressor.  I first noticed it when I was driving along and the car sped up when the a/c cut in.

Bob

Offline LuciferDarklord

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Bindoon, W.A.

• Bindoon, Western Australia.
MAP sensor should be as accurate if not more than a boost gauge, as you want to read the manifold pressure, not the output of the turbo.  You have all sorts of restrictions and pressure drops between the turbo and the manifold, most of which is the intercooler and piping.  The engine only 'sees' manifold presure, turbo output pressure is fairly irrelevant unless you are looking at the intercooler efficiency.  Without taking my engine cover off to look, there should be a small (around 6mm or 4mm) vacuum hose connection coming off the manifold.  As long as its going to a static source, you should be able to tee into it.  By static i mean a dead ended sensor or something.  If it actually flows air thru it then the pressure will not be accurate.  Also make sure the manifold end is a direct connection to the manifold, and there is no valves or anything like that in the way.  Hopefully there is something there for you - otherwise the Scangauge may be the best bet.  Just remember as someone else said - the output is in absolute pressure, which takes atmospheric fluctuations out of the picture.  Normally its around 14.7 psi, but can vary depending on the weather and altitude.

Offline iselius

• 2nd Gear

• es Spain
      Spain

• spanish i30 driver
Hello, long time no write, answering questions, saying that if you can, I have it installed, I pass the mod with steps and a few videos.

:arrow: http://www.i30.es/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2452

Videos

http://www.i30.es/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2453

Greetings.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal