i30 Owners Club

Error message smart cruise control/AEB after low speed front collison.18 i30 SR

Offline laikanuki

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
2018 i30 SR.    I rear ended another car but almost stopped at contact and no physical damage either car.   However afterwards smart cruise control/AEB error message appeared.   The sensors for these are behind Hyundai badge on front grill, which may have got a small bump in the accident.   Questions, can this sensor be reset after such and incident, and if not what is cost of replacing the sensor.   If expensive may have to claim on insurance.
  • 2018 I30SR

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Likely a question you’ll have to ask Hyundai, have you tried removing the bumper to see if anything has dislodged  :undecided:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry to hear that. Like Craig says I think it might be best to have a chat with your local dealer. Tell them it is throwing an error message and ask if they can try and reset it...  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Isn't AEB ment to stop you rear ending a car?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline i30user_

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Aus
I hit a dog not long ago by accident obviously, and it actually did some damage to the front of my car. Missed the left parking sensor by a fraction and the right one was fine. The sensor behind the badge is apparently connected to the grille which is about 1100 aud.

Mine definately had contact but no damage to the badge part. All my features still work. Although there was no automatic braking by the car, I think the aeb sensor is the one in the windscreen? If so that’s why it didn’t stop due to the dog being out of view below the bonnet of my car.

Take it to the parts section at the dealership I reckon :)
  • 130 sr premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal