i30 Owners Club

2008 i30 CRDI Disk Rotors Replacement

Offline Alex i30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has replaced the rotors on there Hyundai i30 before? My ones are distorted and need replacing and I'm looking to do it myself, just want to have some feedback from the people who have done this previously.

thanks
Alex.
  • Hyundai I30 CRDI 2008

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Very simple job but make sure you replace the pads at the same time or any odd wear marks in the pads will transfer themselves to the rotors.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Alex i30

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Fronts are fairly straight forward.
Rear requires removal of a suspension arm to access one of the caliper cage bolts.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Rear requires removal of a suspension arm to access one of the caliper cage bolts.

Argh, come on Tim. I just changed the rear calipers on mine yesterday without removing the suspension arm.. :whistler:

I actually changed them 11 month ago but 2 days ago when I wanted to clean and grease up the brakes, both rear calipers were leaking at the seal around the pistons. Got 2 new FOC...
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline diesel1984

• 3rd Gear
You can remove caliper and brake pads but you can't remove disc and caliper bracket.

To remove rear disc you need to remove caliper bracket as lower bracket bolt is under upper control arm.

Funny design. ha

:winker:
  • 1.6crdi

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Argh, come on Tim. I just changed the rear calipers on mine yesterday without removing the suspension arm.. :whistler:

I actually changed them 11 month ago but 2 days ago when I wanted to clean and grease up the brakes, both rear calipers were leaking at the seal around the pistons. Got 2 new FOC...

I said caliper CAGE not caliper  :P :P :P
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

I also replaced the cage   :happydance:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

In that case your a smart ass   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK

In that case your a smart ass   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep  :victory:

Well, if you're in a workshop with air/powertools it's propably easier to remove the suspension arm, but working home in the driveway with only handtools, it's doable. The bolt behind the arm can be undone and get pulled back just enough to get the cage out...  :P :P
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Remember, Henning was a VW tech when you were probably still in primary school Tim!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal