i30 Owners Club

2010 diesel oil change

Offline i30trev

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      perth
There used to be a guide to doing an oil change on i30 diesel but I can't locate it now. Cna someone send me a link please?

Thanks.

Trev
  • 2010 diesel wagon.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Hi Trev, I'm assuming you mean the guide member "Instroe" did some years back?  :undecided:
If so, here it is:

:link: i30 engine oil and filter change.pdf

Offline i30trev

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      perth
Cheers, I knew it was here somewhere.
  • 2010 diesel wagon.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'll be doing that to get Firty's stale oil out after her 14 months of storage. :crazy1:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'll be doing that to get Firty's stale oil out after her 14 months of storage. :crazy1:
Don't even start your car Gonz until it's full of new stuff with new filter, but I guess you already know that :)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Wow, that time has flown  :D

• 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline i30trev

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      perth
Hey Guys , thanks for all the replies. I have now successfully (I think) performed the oil change and thanks to the pdf it was easy as. One thing tho... In frame two of the how to it mentions an "Electrical connection" which has to be undone because it gets in the way. At first, I thought mine had been modified because it was not in the way at all but then to my alarm I realized that in fact it was already disconnected, and must have been for over a year!! Naturally I reconnected it before I started the car but I can't see any change in the way the car runs.

I'm assuming that the last dufus who did an oil change neglected to reconnect it afterward and all seems to be well with the car but does anyone know what function the connector is meant to carry out?

thanks again,

Trev

• 2010 diesel wagon.

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
I'm assuming that the last dufus who did an oil change neglected to reconnect it afterward and all seems to be well with the car but does anyone know what function the connector is meant to carry out?

From what I've read elsewhere, it supposedly has something to do with the intake throttling valve...  :undecided:

Offline i30trev

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      perth
Hmmm, if that's the case from my experience the car runs quite well without one!

I had no check engine warnings or anything else and the fuel economy has been averaging 800 km from full to low fuel warning light in city driving. (Is that actually good?) No change in performance since I reconnected it either...

One of the mysteries of life.

Thanks again, Trev.
  • 2010 diesel wagon.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal