i30 Owners Club

2 year service cost - CRDI

i30CRDI · 65 · 22249

Offline i30CRDI

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hornsby
Hi,

The CRDI is coming up to 2 years old but has only done 15000km. Anyone know the expected cost (in Oz) of this service & if it is best to take to a dealer for Hyundai specific updates? or is it just an oil change and inspection.

Cheers

Mark

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi,

The CRDI is coming up to 2 years old but has only done 15000km. Anyone know the expected cost (in Oz) of this service & if it is best to take to a dealer for Hyundai specific updates? or is it just an oil change and inspection.

Cheers

Mark

My Crdi was a Feb 08 build and although I used Genuine Hyundai parts, I used a non Hyundai service centre for servicing right through until 68,000kms without any running issues..

A 15,000 service at a Hyundai dealer which is basically just an oil and filter change will set you back around A$250 to A$280 by my understanding perhaps around A$200 if you supply your own oil..

You could probably save about A$100 if you use a friendly independant service centre...

BUT .. there is a variety of opinions on here about the merits of using a dealer or otherwise...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Pip
Hi,

Cheers

Mark

You should have already had the 15,000km service (12 months ago) and you should be now getting the 30,000km service.

This is to conform to the warranty requirements of annual services (unless I misunderstand). In addition, doing such a small annual mileage suggests you should have also done intermediate oil changes at 7,500km intervals.  :eek:

To answer the question: yes go to a dealer which, by so doing, I guess will revalidate the warranty unless the dealer offers a complaint.

Offline i30CRDI

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hornsby
Thanks for the reply's guys. I just rang McCarroll's Hyundai Artamon and they quoted me $665 for the 30,000 service! looks like i'll be looking for an independant. How can servicing cost so much on a basic car, my Wifes last car a Toyota Corolla was always around $150 for each service.

Also rang Parramatta Hyundai and they wanted $640.

Offline BC

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• Melbourne, Australia
Had a couple of dealer quotes for the 30K service in Melbourne ranging from $400 -> $600.  Pays to shop around.
  • I30CW CrDi

Offline Keith

• Top Gear

• england England
      Telford, Shropshire, England.

• Call sign Golf 4 Victor Zulu Kilo
Any UK i30 owners used these guys? Good prices backed up by a solid sounding support for the following year...  :neutral:

http://www.thenvs.com/hyundai-service.htm?gclid=CP7BscOzvqQCFZL92AodAmdczw
  • Now owning a Ford 1.0 Zetec S Fiesta

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Any UK i30 owners used these guys?

I've not. They should keep their website uptodate though...

NVS currently offer its Services to Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Surrey, Oxfords and London.

With the on ongoing success of NVS we intend to provide Service cover to every postal address in the country by 2008

I just emailed them about their North West coverage.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Would be interesting to get an actual quote to compare to dealer prices
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Thanks for the reply's guys. I just rang McCarroll's Hyundai Artamon and they quoted me $665 for the 30,000 service! looks like i'll be looking for an independant. How can servicing cost so much on a basic car, my Wifes last car a Toyota Corolla was always around $150 for each service.

That's steep! the service parts are very pricy from genuine Hyundai, try Truscots

if it's a 30,000k service as PIP say's they will change the fuel filter this costs about $110 or there about's, oil filter is about $28 air filter is about $30 the ELF synthetic oil i use is about $100 as just over 5lt's required but there is cheaper oil, if you add this up then you know how much the dealer charges in labour for the aprentice  it takes about 1.5 hours at the most including fuel filter change a good operator does it in 1 hour.

ps. Toyota have a deal were all services can be $150 for two years, then they go over to the normal normal service for the compa van is about $380

Offline i30 Roolz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Just had a 30,000 service on my diesel - got raped to the tune of $800. That's not a misprint!!!   :eek: :eek:

The most expensive service I have ever had.  :'(

FFS, the major (80,000KM) service on my large 4WD cost less...  :evil:

I might as well own a BMW with service costs like this. Unbelievable.

Never again...

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi

Offline i30 Roolz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Not on me - but still having trouble walking after being bent over and reamed like a b*tch...  :mad:

The only extras besides the cost of the service itself and the relevant filters and oil were 1) wheel balance and 2) new wiper blades...

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
Not on me - but still having trouble walking after being bent over and reamed like a b*tch...  :mad:

The only extras besides the cost of the service itself and the relevant filters and oil were 1) wheel balance and 2) new wiper blades...
  :eek:  ouch,on both accounts.  :mad:
  • 2009 manual sx hatch and 2009 automatic sx cw. both 2.0 petrol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Can you scan and post the account in this thread M8.. we will disect it and then (maybe) we can suggest you have a firm discussion with the Service Manager (supported by some choice emails fom selected members on here) :wink:

Lets name and shame the "Bas***ds... :mad:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I've posted up the service board of my dealer,it has the service cost and km intervals on it for the auto and manual crdi and petrol model i30s.it goes up in intervals of 7,500kms but i cant find were I've posted it though.  :mad:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

18 months old, but this is a guide. 30K must have some extra work involved I guess, don't have a book to hand.

Certainly. Diesel service pricing...

A        M
07500 - $200 - $175
15000 - $245 - $240
22500 - $200 - $175
30000 - $495 - $450
37500 - $200 - $175
45000 - $245 - $230
52500 - $200 - $185
60000 - $495 - $450
67500 - $200 - $185
75000 - $245 - $230
82500 - $200 - $185

Offline i30 Roolz

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I imagine these prices are the base prices, to which they add the cost of oil and filters (and other "miscellanous" BS charges) at their hugely marked up prices - just look at the typical dealer chargeout prices for the oil they use.

So the $495 easily jumps to $700 before you've even had a chance to pick yourself up off the floor.... these are ridiculous prices for what is essentially an econobox!

I'm guessing that I better start looking at the likes of Ultra Tune to start doing my services...

I will get a copy of the invoice up as soon as I can.

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Whatever is or isn't included, based on the price they clearly think something etra is happening on each 30K interval service. I don't have my service book to hand, but it should show on there.

I do hope they aren't charging for a timing belt change  :rolleyes:

Someone on here is bound to have the answer...

Offline paul

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Brighton
perhaps its so dear because they removed the timing CHAIN and converted it to a BELT lorian    lol :lol: :lol:

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Someone did know the answer, I just needed to find it (from a very old post, edited):

For CRDi -

Engine oil/filter change at 15,000km intervals

Air filter at 45,000km intervals

Chain driven, no timing belt change required

Drive belts 120,000km

Fuel filter at 30,000km intervals
Coolant 1st @100,000km followed by 40,000km intervals

Brake/clucth fluid 30,000km intervals
Climate control filter 15,000km intervals

Manual trans fluid 100,000km

Auto 40,000km intervals

Still a lot (too much) money of course.

45,000Km seems a long interval for air filter to me. Some of these intervals may have changed recently of course.

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• 2019 N-line i30, back in 2011 SLX i30cw diesel
I just got quotes today for services from my dealer (Heidelberg, Victoria)

From memory

- the optional services were around $200 odd.
- the 15,000km was $240
- the 30,000km was $540 (expensive one, feel like I am back with Honda  :lol:)..

These were for auto i30cw diesel.

My tip that I found out with Honda, always ring around for quotes, I find sometimes one dealer could be cheaper for 15,000 but then not the best at 30,000.. Strange but always best to spend 20 mins just calling around before booking in..

I also asked what oil they use and they said in the Diesels they always put in full synthetic Magnatec profesional B4..

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland

That's steep! the service parts are very pricy from genuine Hyundai, try Truscots

if it's a 30,000k service as PIP say's they will change the fuel filter this costs about $110 >snip

You can get a genuine fuel filter from "Hyspares" for $66.00, see http://www.hyspares.com.au/bluecart/products/fuel-filter-cartridge-491

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Also try the Kia Dealer as I have mentioned on here before. The Diesel motor is the same as the one in the Kia Soul and some of the parts are same part number but cheaper through Kia   :mrgreen:

Offline 2i30s

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Hampton Park,Vic
I've posted up the service board of my dealer,it has the service cost and km intervals on it for the auto and manual crdi and petrol model i30s.it goes up in intervals of 7,500kms but i cant find were I've posted it though.  :mad:
I've found the list i mentioned above in my computer,the dearest service for a crdi at my dealer is the 90.000kms service and its $590. that's a fairly major service too.

Pip
I've just been ringing around for 2 year/30k service.

Quotes from $490 (Ultratune) to $590 (dealers). They all say they will replace the fuel filter but my service schedule book has it down for every 60k, not 30k.

BTW Ultratune will NOT use genuine parts but are adamant that this is not required even though Hy say so.

Cheapest dealer is $492 Makin and Luby Heidi. who will drop the price to $407 without oil.

Why would I want a fuel filter change anyway? What damage could I encounter even if it blocked? Of course I understand that if it completely blocked (which I'm assuming is very unlikely without prior warning) the engine would stop.

There is a procedure to flush it, that's what I would do, and then I'd adopt a wait and see for any symptom that it needed to be replaced. At $100 dollars a pop it seems extravagant to just replace it without reason. :eek:

Anyone know?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Pip,

I think Lakes changed his 1st one at 30K but I read it like you do that 60K for fuel filter and so that is what I did and got a Kia one identical part number for a good saving..I doubt you would have a problem by leaving it until then I certainly didn't notice any deteriation in performance.. :cool:

Pip
Hi Pip,

I think Lakes changed his 1st one at 30K but I read it like you do that 60K for fuel filter and so that is what I did and got a Kia one identical part number for a good saving..I doubt you would have a problem by leaving it until then I certainly didn't notice any deteriation in performance.. :cool:
Thanks for that Daz, and good reminder about the Kia bits too.

Offline Joel

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne

• 2019 N-line i30, back in 2011 SLX i30cw diesel
Cheapest dealer is $492 Makin and Luby Heidi. who will drop the price to $407 without oil.

They quoted me $540  :rolleyes:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
In UK fuel filter change at 3rd year service
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal