i30 Owners Club

Any suggestions on good service department in NW Sydney

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
I purchased my i30 CW SX Diesel in 12/2010 via Private Fleet Sales & NRMA. Great price, saved about $2000 on price from local dealer, but came from dealer far away, delivered on flat bed truck.

Now am looking for decent service department. I tried Barry Smith at Pennant Hills for the initial 1000km checkup but they issued me with paperwork for i30 petrol hatch, and then when this was pointed out, issued it for an SLX diesel hatch.

Not so impressed with a company that can't get something so basic correct after 2 attempts so probably won't be going back there.

Any suggestions?

Also myhyundai.com.au won't recognise my log in. When I emailed Hyundai, Colin Kim customer relations manager claimed that original dealer hadn't submitted paperwork. I rang them to be told that it had been submitted before Christmas.

No one wants to help me at Hyundai. Might go back to Toyota?  :'(

Offline ElleB

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Our Elle B
Hi from a fellow NW i30 owner!!

I also am looking.....have a 30k service to do when I get back from Taiwan.. in a week or so.....

I do not have any specific leads at the mo as there was 16K on mine when purchased,,,so the servicing was all done.

I was leaning towards a private shop... and supplying my own oil.....  as there is no "flash" or upgrade required according to Hyundai.....to the ECU etc.

If I have any news once i am back, I will post it.....

Hang in there..... :-\

• 2016 i30 CW auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Also myhyundai.com.au won't recognise my log in. When I emailed Hyundai, Colin Kim customer relations manager claimed that original dealer hadn't submitted paperwork. I rang them to be told that it had been submitted before Christmas.

No one wants to help me at Hyundai. Might go back to Toyota?  :'(

Don't let these couple of hiccups put you off your great little car.. I drive a toyota now but they have nothing in the same class which would touch a CW Crdi  :goodjob:

I'm in Tassie so can't suggest a NSW dealer but if noone comes up with a glowing recommendation I would do what elleb suggests and find a good independent and supply your own fully synthetic oil as per many threads on here... :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline druggist

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

• Hyundai i30 SX CRDi 1.6 manual CW 2010 MY11
What really disappoints me is that I am one of those really loyal customers. I put 300K on my last Corolla and had it serviced by one dealer all the way. It was my 6th Corolla, all serviced at the same place.
I am hoping Hyundai might watch this forum and realise that form letters aren't good enough. As for the local dealer, well :needhelp:
So far I have achieved 5.51 L/100km in the first 3000km and am still learning to "drive" a diesel.
Regards,
Druggist
Purveyor of fine medicines

Offline Torquey

• 2nd Gear
  • Sydney AU

• au Australia
      Sydney

• CW SLX CRDi
Looking forward to seeing recommendations on this thread.

Anyone been to Ryde, Roseville, Arncliffe or Roseberry service centres?

If any of these provide a complimentary replacement vehicle along with great service (and a hand wash/vaccum?) then i'm in.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

If any of these provide a complimentary replacement vehicle along with great service (and a hand wash/vaccum?) then i'm in.

Haven't had any experience with Sydney Hyundai dealers but, in this day and age of multi franchise dealerships - if the Ryde one happened to have the same owners as Ryde Toyota, I'd give them a go.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Haven't had any experience with Sydney Hyundai dealers but, in this day and age of multi franchise dealerships - if the Ryde one happened to have the same owners as Ryde Toyota, I'd give them a go.

Trev the Ryde Hyundai is up Top Ryde in with the Nissan dealer, Ryde Toyota is more like West Ryde

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Trev the Ryde Hyundai is up Top Ryde in with the Nissan dealer, Ryde Toyota is more like West Ryde

That's cool. I had no idea where the Hyundai dealer was in the Ryde area, just had good experiences with Ryde Toyota. And you're right. It's definitely West Ryde.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal