i30 Owners Club

How to find map version on Satnav

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

• 2013 i30 Premium auto,petrol hatch - Dazzling Blue
    • Sydney Pet Rescue & Adoption
I've searched through most of the forums but can't find an answer.
I tried the Help but that just gives the original version when car was built.
Settings is no help either.

Help  :confused:
  • i30 Premium

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
This will show you how to obtain the current software and map versions for the UK - not sure about Aussie though.

:link: Hyundai | Software Update | HERE
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

This will show you how to obtain the current software and map versions for the UK - not sure about Aussie though.

:link: Hyundai | Software Update | HERE
Hi Alan, thanks for your reply but  I don't think our system is the same. Our map versions show the year and which qtr of the year.  The Help tab from the menu screen, gives me 2013 Q3 which is when I bought the car new (Sept 2013)
I haven't tried holding down the setting button for 5 seconds tho so will try that tomorrow and see if I get a different screen to the one i get when I press it once.
We don't have the option of upgrading ourselves. Can only be done by the technician at the Hyundai scheduled service which is a pain.
  • i30 Premium

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

I held the button down for 5 secs and got a screen that was not at all like the UK one
From top
Device id 94444465A59A
Software version 9.3.1.1
Operating system 15E1309100
NNG.MAP version 8.5.11.321421
Factory Map version AUSNZ12Q3
BT version 3.1.4
Firmware version 6.0.3_M_GD_5D_3_C

So I still don't know what map version I have currently installed
I just had the 2yr service and the final free map upgrade done but they could not tell me what the version was.

Oh well, I have my portable Navman which I use for long trips as it updates 4 times a year.
  • i30 Premium

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

I would place a bet that your map is dated 2012 quarter 3.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :offtopic: (sort of)

My Calais is in for its free 30,000km service today (It is just over 12 months old) I got 3 years free servicing as part of he deal. No warranty claims so far.  :Touch:

I have asked for a GPS update as lots of road changes in Tassie since I got it (although seldom need to use it) No call to say there is a cost... :fingers:

They have it all day, as I am getting the Mylink system updated to get guide lines on my reversing camera (hopefully)  :happydance:

I got them to drop me home as I had a bad night sleep so not enough energy to walk the 6 km home (mainly up hill) as was my original plan.

I got a lift in a newish Nissan Altamira was really impressed by the ride and quietness  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

I would place a bet that your map is dated 2012 quarter 3.
That's what I thought but I hope not or I am going backwards since it had the 2013 map last year I think.
 I have a 3hour drive to Canberra today for the weekend so will check  the map and see how it looks as there have been some road changes in the last couple of years.
I definitely won't be paying for any new updates from now on as my 2 free ones have now been used.
  • i30 Premium

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

To confirm my guess here are the map updates for my KIA Venga in UK

Feb 2013 Update to version 311E7A1  (maps thus dated 3rd quarter of 2011)
Feb 2014 Update to version 312E7AM (3rd quarter of  2012)
Feb 2015 Update to version 313E7AE (3rd quarter of 2013)

You can see that each update provides maps which are at least 18 months old - for which we have to pay £139.

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

To confirm my guess here are the map updates for my KIA Venga in UK

Feb 2013 Update to version 311E7A1  (maps thus dated 3rd quarter of 2011)
Feb 2014 Update to version 312E7AM (3rd quarter of  2012)
Feb 2015 Update to version 313E7AE (3rd quarter of 2013)

You can see that each update provides maps which are at least 18 months old - for which we have to pay £139.
For that price is worth you buying a portable GPS and dash mounting it. It will be up to date at least.
 Tell them what they can do with their out of date updates.

Next week I may visit my dealer and ask him to check what version they installed, if they can tell me..
 Hyundai even had the cheek to email me in August to say the latest update was available and now we don't have to rely on out of date paper maps as we can stay up to date with their current maps... what a joke.

Gotta dash now.  Have a good weekend. It is going to be a scorcher here in Sydney and Canberra, around 30degrees which I will not enjoy.  I'm an ex Pom and prefer cooler weather.
  • i30 Premium

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

After searching the Hyundai customer service pages online I finally found the information and am sharing it here.

Here is the link to find your map version in Australia :link: Do I have the latest map update? ? Hyundai

The information on this page dated July 2015 also states -

At the current time the latest map version available for the satellite navigation system is ‘Australia Q3.2014’.
New software and map updates usually release in the end of 2nd quarter or at the beginning of 3rd quarter of each year.

I checked mine and it showed Australia2013Q3  :fum:

So, I printed off this information and hightailed it back to my dealer where I had just had my 30,000k service done.
Told them my map had not been updated. I was asked why I thought this and I was told the map version can only be checked when plugged into their computer !!!  :confused:
I told him the instructions were on the page I had printed out and off he went o check it with their computer. Told me it would take a while but I was happy to wait.
He returned about half hour later and said it was now updated to 2014Q3  :victory:  He could not say why it had not updated correctly at the service.

He then told me that I would get my 3rd map update at my 45,000 service. I said I had checked this previously and this was unfortunately not correct. He told me that he always did this at the 45,000 service. So, I asked him for a business card with his name on and got him to write on the back 45,000k service, free map upgrade. He said to ask for him when I bring my car in.  :happydance:
Now I have to wait 12mths to see if this will happen. I hope he will still be working there.
  • i30 Premium

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Nice work!

And  :ta: for posting the link you found.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Online eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Even if he has left, the garage should honour his word as he was an employee when the promise was made
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Sydney Lady

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Bexley NSW

Even if he has left, the garage should honour his word as he was an employee when the promise was made
I hope so, that's why I got him to write it down with his name on their business card.  It's an update that I am not supposed to really get, so we shall see.  :wait:
  • i30 Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I hope he will still be working there.

Nice work! That was the first thing I thought of!  :lol: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal