i30 Owners Club

cruise control disabled after brake light switch replaced

vividblue · 73 · 29282

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
there's been comment about how the CC won't activate unless you've touched the brake pedal since starting out.

I've had this happen....I pulled over on a highway, stopped the engine and then restarted and moved off without touching the brake..... :whistler:

For those that claim they haven't, are you positive you've not touched the brakes as you've backed out of your driveway or put your foot on the brake when starting the engine?
I'd be very surprised If you haven't done something like that which would explain why you haven't experienced it....  :winker:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Ok i'll check this again under contolled envoronment.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Mike SX

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex

• Trust nobody with nowt to lose
If your CC was "dealer fitted", it's not a factory unit which is what we're talking about here. Yours will be an after market type. The factory fitted units happen on the assembly line.

Although I ordered the car with CC, it was fitted by the Dealer, and I collected it with 11 miles on the Odometer.

I have kept the original Dealer fitting instructions, and it does show the original brake switch discarded, and a replacement unit being fitted.

I had not realised that the Factory fitted CC, were different from Dealer fitted Hyundai CC.

Offline Zippyl

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I have a 2009 FD cw sportswagon with the 2 litre engine.

I recently was having the ESP OFF light coming on in the dash and it was happening intermittently during the last few months. After lots of reading on the net and also this forum , I suspected that it was possibly related to the faulty brake light switch problem effecting many Hyundai vehicles.

At the next service I mentioned the problem to the dealer and they were happy to replace the suspected faulty brake light switch under warranty. However now the cruise control does not work ! The dealer said there is a problem and Hyundai currently working on a way to fix the cruise control .

I find it difficult to believe that by replacing a brake light switch they can't get the cruise control to work again. I had assumed that a like for like switch would have been fitted and everything would be working ? I asked the dealer what switch was fitted but he seemed vague and I got the feeling some other type of switch was fitted perhaps not specific to my model i30. He indicated that Hyundai in Korea are trying to find a solution and my car will be fixed when they know how to fix it.

Can anyone provide some more information on what the problem is and what is being done to fix it ?
  • Hyundai i30 Elite

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
There are 2 different switches, you have the wrong switch fitted. Ours needs replacing and I confirmed personally that our dealer has the right switch for our car before fitting, which they have.

Return to the dealer and get the right switch fitted.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Zippyl

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Having similar problems with our 2011 2 litre manual petrol i30. Campaign 30C001(Brake light switch replaced) Traction control and brake lights work now but cruise control no longer operates. Ryde Motor Group Sydney have been waiting for part since March? When a vehicle is supplied with cruise control it should keep working.
  • Hyundai i30 Elite

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
Our dealer told me yesterday that they were turning cars away, because they were waiting for the right part. Our cars are both Diesel though, you need to call and talk to them about this issue.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
No code needed on the radio. Check the brake lights are actually working.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I had the brake light switch done today amongst other warranty work on the Good Wife's car.

In speaking with the Hyundai lady it would appear that the new cruise control compliant switch is now available.

Perhaps this is why there is a new batch of recall notices being sent out.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I had the brake light switch done today amongst other warranty work on the Good Wife's car.

In speaking with the Hyundai lady it would appear that the new cruise control compliant switch is now available.

Perhaps this is why there is a new batch of recall notices being sent out.

Yep. Confirmed.
I was talking to Sunco Motors' service manager today and he said the new switch is available. I asked when they could do it.
He said, "have you got 5 minutes?"

I did. And that's exactly how long it took.

So anyone who's told longer is being lied to.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
For absolute clarity, is this to eliminate the presumed 'imitialise' function of having to press the brake pedal once after starting before my CC will work?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Pip
For absolute clarity, is this to eliminate the presumed 'imitialise' function of having to press the brake pedal once after starting before my CC will work?
No.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
No.
  :goodjob::Rubbish:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal